Briggs&Strattons yard machines no start

Hi all,
My Briggs&Strattons powered Yard Machines had a tune up a could of years back. This year so far so good until the fuel line developed a crack in it. I replaced the line with the same size new line a new air filter and fresh gas. Now it wonders start. Seems odd that it ran fine now nothing. Any suggestions. The plug is correctly gapped and only a couple of years old.

Incomplete information on your mower. We don’t know if it’s a push mower, a self propelled mower, a lawn tractor or something else. The model number and serial number of the mower would help. The model number and serial number of the engine would also help.

Troubleshooting 1101 dictates that you must return to the last thing you changed. In this case it seems to be a rotten fuel line. If the fuel line was rotten on the outside, it was rotten on the inside, which means pieces of it may have made it to your needle valve and maybe your float isn't opening or your carb fuel inlet it plugged up with fuel line debris...or the fuel pump has the same issue.

Troubleshooting 1101 dictates that you must return to the last thing you changed. In this case it seems to be a rotten fuel line. If the fuel line was rotten on the outside, it was rotten on the inside, which means pieces of it may have made it to your needle valve and maybe your float isn't opening or your carb fuel inlet it plugged up with fuel line debris...or the fuel pump has the same issue.
Definitely.

Fire it up on starting fluid or carb cleaner (not the best but accessible for 10 seconds)

Will tell you real quick if it's a fuel or spark issue.

Hi all,
My Briggs&Strattons powered Yard Machines had a tune up a could of years back. This year so far so good until the fuel line developed a crack in it. I replaced the line with the same size new line a new air filter and fresh gas. Now it wonders start. Seems odd that it ran fine now nothing. Any suggestions. The plug is correctly gapped and only a couple of years old.
Yard machines push mower 6.75 hp Briggs&Strattons engine. Sometimes it will pop or sputter yesterday couldn't even get it to do that. The old fuel line looks like it has a slightly bigger inside diameter than the new line. Both say 1/4" fuel line

Yard machines push mower 6.75 hp Briggs&Strattons engine. Sometimes it will pop or sputter yesterday couldn't even get it to do that. The old fuel line looks like it has a slightly bigger inside diameter than the new line. Both say 1/4" fuel line
If you unhook the fuel line from the carburetor are you getting fuel flow through the hose?

As others said, put a little starting fluid or about half a teaspoon of gas directly into the air intake and see if it will fire. If you're not getting fuel through the carb it will run for a second on what fuel you put in, then die. I don't recommend carb cleaner for this test because some types are not very flammable.

Back