Brake pedal goes up and down 15mph and below?

Does this mean warped rotors? My tires are also cupped from when I had front end issues. The front end issues are fixed, but I guess I still have a warped rotor. I recently replaced one of the front rotors because it was metal on metal. I almost wonder if that cheap oreilly rotor warped. Probably should have left them alone

the cupped tyres can do it too, basically lateral forces acting on the wheel can be transferred to the brake pedal, but this should be felt and not seen. Jack the fron up, if it's fwd, put in gear and see if the issue persists while in your driveway. That rules out the tyres and wheels, but not the driveshafts.

Rotor warping or pad deposits that can feel the same are often caused by brake caliper issues like glide pins seized and pistons that don't retract fully when the pedal is released. If you have to use significant force to push a piston in, it's no bueno.

the cupped tyres can do it too, basically lateral forces acting on the wheel can be transferred to the brake pedal, but this should be felt and not seen. Jack the fron up, if it's fwd, put in gear and see if the issue persists while in your driveway. That rules out the tyres and wheels, but not the driveshafts.

Rotor warping or pad deposits that can feel the same are often caused by brake caliper issues like glide pins seized and pistons that don't retract fully when the pedal is released. If you have to use significant force to push a piston in, it's no bueno.
Well if cupped tires do it too, then I'll start there. My tires are pretty well shot, so I'll get a new set.

Back