Bought our daughter a 2015 Chrysler 200 Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mx5miata
Nice car a co-worker of mine has one and loves it. Lots of luck.

I liked the 2.4 that my 2008 Sonata had I know Chrysler also was using the same engine, I think it was something they called "world engine" had plenty of get up good economy and a stout diet from 5w20-10w30.

The 2.4l in the 2015 and newer chrysler products are a totally different engine than the GEMA 2.4l in the 2014 and older.
The only thing that has been a slight problem on these engines has been the thermostat, and that is very rare. As for the transmission, just make sure that the transmission update for 2015's with a 2014 build date has been performed. The original software has to be completely removed and the updated software installed. It changes shift points to reduce stress on the transmission to ensure longevity. The vin# can be checked by any Chrysler dealer to verify if her car needs to have it done or if it has been done.
We've owned a 2015 200 Limited since December of 2014 and have been happy so far. Lots of highway (easy) miles and great fuel mileage. It had 7 miles on it when we bought it and now it has a little under 68,000 miles and we average 35 MPG on long highway trips.

'Take care of the car and it should serve well for its intended purpose. If not, utilize the warranty and/or lemon laws available to most U.S. residents.'

Lemon laws only apply to new vehicles.

3 year old car will have little warranty left.

Only a Chrysler Extended Warranty would be of any use, available through an FCA dealer or online.

The OP did himself a favor not paying for a third party warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back