Bosch Premium 3323 cut open.

RA is $4.45 each - less 5% discount code you can find anywhere so $4.23, order 12 at a time and shipping is $12 - so ~$5 bucks each.

I have wanted to try one of these, but I don't feel like buying a dozen. RA will snail mail me a single piece for $5 shipping, so I might just spring for a single to try.
They’re just regular cellulose filters; Menards has these on shelf stock, or at least they used to. No way even for a trial would I pay more on shipping than the filter cost!

They’re just regular cellulose filters; Menards has these on shelf stock, or at least they used to. No way even for a trial would I pay more on shipping than the filter cost!
Is the latest "cheapened" Fram Ultra filters using synthetic media or cellulose media?

Is the latest "cheapened" Fram Ultra filters using synthetic media or cellulose media?
Synthetic blend.

Capture+_2023-03-03-20-22-43.jpg

I remember reading where the latest Fram Ulta is made of 2 media's bonded together: Main media is Synthetic, but the 2nd media that is bonded to it to give it strength and support is cellolose? Trying to find more info on that.

It doesn't look it was made by Purolator.
As mentioned, made by Purolator, same date code format. Made same factory as current Boss, Purolator red and Pure One. With exception of can paint and sealing gasket, very similar to current Pure One. Media type is cellulose synthetic blended media.

I remember reading where the latest Fram Ulta is......
Imo, if more interested in discussion of other than topic Bosch Premium, then it would seem more appropriate to start a separate thread. Lacking that, a search of that topic using forum search engine will reveal many threads on current Ultra construction. Can find info there and comment in one those threads.

You should check them and see if they are made in Mexico though.
Good point. Unfortunately 'imo', latest Bosch Premium are showing up with Mexico coo. Noticed similar in Amazon comments. One member has posted a c&p of the latter, looked ok. Saw another outside forum didn't look as good. In any case, another reason glad I stocked up when I did.

Last edited:
RA is $4.45 each - less 5% discount code you can find anywhere so $4.23, order 12 at a time and shipping is $12 - so ~$5 bucks each.

I have wanted to try one of these, but I don't feel like buying a dozen. RA will snail mail me a single piece for $5 shipping, so I might just spring for a single to try.
Not the Bosch and not in US$, right?
Here is my last order from RA in late Jan, all prices are in Canadian $$:

1677983375911.png

EDIT: shoot... you are right, prices went up since late Jan, it's now C$6.06

Looks good. This one I typically use on my 1989 Mazda B2200 because it was usually the only thing available locally then O’Reilly stopped carrying them. So I get Wix now from work through Auto Plus. I still have a couple of these on the shelf though I think. Can’t find any filters locally for the truck now except I think Purolator.

This one run ~4800 mi., 13 months from 1/22 on Honda 3.0L w/Magnatec 0w20. Quaker State Full Syn (no longer QSUD) 0w20 and another US made Bosch Prem. 3323 went back. Used many of these recently, typical results. Got two 6 lot shipments from RA, ~$5 each including shipping, before recent change in coo. Silicone adbv pliable. Satisfied with results here again.

View attachment 142999View attachment 143000View attachment 143003View attachment 143002

View attachment 143007View attachment 143004View attachment 143005

The BITOG Award Of Excellence for BEST oil filter cut open goes to . 🥁 roll . SAYJAC ! 🏆

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the Mexico made versions of these Bosch 3323? I have a big stash of these bought 2019 2020 2021, I assume they are all US made.

Curious is anyone has seen one Mexico origin cut open.

Has anyone seen the Mexico made versions of these Bosch 3323? I have a big stash of these bought 2019 2020 2021, I assume they are all US made.

Curious is anyone has seen one Mexico origin cut open.

Yeah here is a Mexicano 3323 ..

Vid is starting right when he pulls the Bosch internals:

Last edited:
I remember reading where the latest Fram Ulta is made of 2 media's bonded together: Main media is Synthetic, but the 2nd media that is bonded to it to give it strength and support is cellolose? Trying to find more info on that.
You're both right, in a way-Fram's new Ultra starts with synthetic blend media (AFAIK Tough Guard media), and sprays a layer of synthetic media on over it. The synblend gives the media enough structural integrity to not need the metal backing. The older OG Ultra (& some Titaniums) had a double synthetic layer, the new Endurance has a synthetic layer with something between it & the backing.

Back