Bosch Distance Plus For Two Years Two OCI's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting ready to do my annual oil change on three Chevy Silverados which average approximately 3-4K miles each on average freeway and surface street driving here in Los Angeles. I've been using Bosch Premium oil filters and GC with great used oil analysis reports. I recently purchased Bosch D+ oil filters from Amazon and GC from AZ to complete the oil change. I plan on doing my annual oil change this time using the D+ oil filters for two OCI across two years. I've noticed that the distance (time/mileage duration) in "Distance Plus" is not clearly defined on the oil filter packaging or noted on the Bosch D+ wesite. Is going two years to long with a Distance Plus oil filter?

YES.

I have a Mobil 1 filter on my dad's car for the last 3 years cause he only drives 2500 miles per year, I change the oil every 6 months. No need to change the oil filter if you only drive 3-4K miles per year.

from your post im assuming youd put less than 9k in 2yrs on it, id say it would definately be good for that in a 2yr period of time. BD+ is one of my favorite filters.

Removed a BD+ installed October 2010 with two Syn oil changes total of 14k from a 3800 Series II SC.

Upon dissecting, the filter held up well. Made well.

After reading though this forum, one can catch premium oil and filters on significant sales throughout the year to maintain the average household of vehicles.

Side note: The PAU really liked the QSUD 10W30. Smooth. My wallet liked it too. Nearly free after rebate.

Running two oci's with a BD+ on an Acoord right now. It will work out to ~13-14k and about 2 years. 29g rated holding capacity should easily handle your 2X 3-4k over two years. No worries.

I've gone further and longer on "lesser" filters such as Purolator Classics, etc. I also use Wix filters for extended multi-year OCIs as well. I have successfully run three years with no adverse effects.

You will have no issues whatsoever with D+ at 2 years.

I have a yellow P1 on my mower INTEK engine pushing 4 years now,i do like removing the filter and dumping the old oil out then reinstalling it.

Also I'm on our second filter run in our '08 impala using a NAPA Premiumun synthetic filter,first run of the OLM took me to 6200 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back