Boost Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Yes, now you need to follow the instructions CAREFULLY to install a pre-rooted ROM using Odin.

These instructions? http://www.android.gs/install-clockworkmod-cwm-recovery-on-sprint-samsung-galaxy-s3/

Quote:
How to install CWM Recovery on Sprint Galaxy S3 using Odin:

Download the Odin 3.04 zip file from here. Extract its contents into a single folder and leave it on your PC desktop screen.
Next, download the CWM Recovery file from here. It should be a .tar file and you shouldn’t extract it, simply save it on your PC.
Power off your Spring SGS3 phone. Also, make sure that it is disconnect from your computer as you’ll need to boot into Android’s Download Mode.
Enter download mode by pressing and holding ‘volume down’ + ‘home’ + ‘power’ buttons at the same time. When you see the ‘warning’ message then it means download mode is now launched and you can release the buttons. Press the ‘volume up’ to confirm that you wish to launch download mode, then an Android with ‘downloading’ text below should appear.
Go back to your PC and launch Odin executable file. It should be present in the folder created at step 1.
Now connect your phone to your computer. Odin should display an ‘added’ text confirmation, which means that all drivers are installed correctly. If it doesn’t work, then try to plug the USB cable in another port and see if it works or, try to re-install the USB drivers for Samsung devices.
In Odin, click the button called ‘PDA’ and find the ‘clockworkmod’ .tar file and select it.
Press START and now Odin will begin the installation of CWM Recovery. Wait until the process is complete and when that happens you will notice that the SGS3 Sprint will restart.
When the Samsung logo boot screen appears, disconnect the phone from the PC. Odin should say ‘pass’ and that means that all files were successfully installed.

Got the cable. They wanted to do it for $80, the flashing!
lol.gif

Odin 3.04 yes?

^^^ I can't get it to flash. All it does is "turn on" and go to its pre-set thing.. even from "Download mode."

?

35.gif

The instructions are pretty clear....

You DO have the Samsung device drivers installed on your PC right?

35.gif

I believe so. File is SAMSUNG_USB_driver_1.5.4.0.exe. right?

I think I need to "unlock my bootlocker." How would I go about doing that?

I have a whole big IMG file I tried to convert to TAR or TAR.MD5 using a tool, ODIN (a few versions,) and the cable and the phone. The phone seems to just "turn on" when ODIN tries to flash it. And yes, from Download mode.

?

Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs
35.gif

I believe so. File is SAMSUNG_USB_driver_1.5.4.0.exe. right?

I think I need to "unlock my bootlocker." How would I go about doing that?

I have a whole big IMG file I tried to convert to TAR or TAR.MD5 using a tool, ODIN (a few versions,) and the cable and the phone. The phone seems to just "turn on" when ODIN tries to flash it. And yes, from Download mode.

?

You aren't doing it right. Download mode is pretty self-explanatory.

Some way, some how, I do no thave the right file to flash with Odin, OR my phone is not accepting it.

Odin says the following, the first me loading the.. Well, I dont even know what those boxes MEAN yet:

Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
Leave CS..
004> Added!!
004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
004> File analysis..
004> SetupConnection..
004> Initialzation..
004> Get PIT for mapping..
004> Firmware update start..
004> SingleDownload.
004> RQT_CLOSE !!
004> RES OK !!
004> Remain Port .... 0
All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

you might look at freedom pop. a new program with hotspot deals and phone / coverage done. I'm looking. see pc magazine review on i-net google.

btw older boost areas use sim phones, but they are gradually converting to non SIM units on different frequency.I have Boost, thinking of changing, they are very reluctant to do the shrinking the ads show. coverage is average.

Techno should have googled up the term "briar patch" before following Overkill's advice or may be "piper and mice". I can never get these stories right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back