Bob Lutz, "Tesla is ‘Going Out of Business"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla hasn't even figured out automotive manufacturing, and theyre going to jump into the OTR market? LOL.

This will be hilarious to watch go down.

Tesla's biggest threat is not failure of concept. It's other auto manufacturers who actually know how to build cars beating them up at the same game.

In the end, I hope they don't make it, because Elon Musk essentially wants to keep your car his own personal property long after you have purchased it. I don't accept this concept from any auto maker, and hope any one that does meets a swift end.

Originally Posted By: cjcride
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Teslas are for very vain people needing attention.

Then he won't have a shortage of customers.

Good one!

Originally Posted By: cronk
Originally Posted By: BHopkins
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Tesla just purchased a company here in MN that specializes in manufacturing automation equipment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bizjour...perbix.amp.html

I wonder where Musk got the money for this?

Not sure. But I am quite sure he didn't borrow it from the government, then tell the American people that they had payed it back when in truth they were far, far, far from paying it all off.

Uh, pretty much all of Musk's business endeavors rely on some sort of government incentives.
Electric cars built in local govt incentivized factories, sold to people at a discounted price due to a federal govt incentive.
Pretty much the same story with his solar business.
Space X also relies on government money.

You forgot about the earnings Tesla gets from selling carbon emissions credits to real auto manufacturers. They probably make more from that than from sales of their own cars.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I have no vested interest either way in Tesla's success or failure, but to hear this coming from a former GM executive who was "in the midst" of the GM meltdown? Give me a break...

Maybe he's speaking from experience.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Bob Lutz is an industry expert on running car companies into the ground. Maybe his opinion carries weight.

Yes, this.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I have no vested interest either way in Tesla's success or failure, but to hear this coming from a former GM executive who was "in the midst" of the GM meltdown? Give me a break...

Maybe he's speaking from experience.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Bob Lutz is an industry expert on running car companies into the ground. Maybe his opinion carries weight.

Yes, this.
wink.gif

Touche'
laugh.gif

Thought the highland lakes are formed by the Colorado River … at least the LCRA thinks so …

We were walking around an SUV in Oz the other day … thought the fit and finish was below my freaking Cruze …
(Engineer with me was quick to point out how body seam gaps varies and not parallel)

Originally Posted By: Jimzz
Amazon did not make a profit for a long time either.

As long as you show growth people will keep investing in the company. Tesla is still showing improvement and growth so I don't think they will have a hard time raising more capital.

That's the problem - Tesla has major issues with that growth. They can't get the Model 3 production straightened out. And Musk babbles about air friction of the robots being the cause? Really? They have not made any $$ and are burning through it at an alarming rate with little to show for it.

Their stuff is nothing special and can easily be done by others and those others know how to produce.

Musk seems to be way out of his league and borderline con-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back