BMW Dynamic Stability Control Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Foxwell NT520 scanner. You can buy it online with BMW specific software loaded onto it. It's money well spent since I can read BMW specific codes and reset service parameters. It's pretty easy to use as well.

Originally Posted by BigChief
Did you ever find the cause of the Brake and Dynamic Stability Control lights staying on yellow?

Yes, my mom eventually took it to the dealer and got it fixed. They replaced 2 ABS pressure sensors - "ABS Pressure Sensor 1 and 2."
The part # for the sensors is 34-52-1-164-458. They're also apparently called DSC Pressure sensors. The light hasn't turned back on since then.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
I have a Foxwell NT520 scanner. You can buy it online with BMW specific software loaded onto it. It's money well spent since I can read BMW specific codes and reset service parameters. It's pretty easy to use as well.

It's a very good tool.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
Originally Posted by jeepman3071

It's a very good tool.

Yes; I have one as well.

Originally Posted by exranger06
Did you ever find the cause of the Brake and Dynamic Stability Control lights staying on yellow?

Yes, my mom eventually took it to the dealer and got it fixed. They replaced 2 ABS pressure sensors - "ABS Pressure Sensor 1 and 2."
The part # for the sensors is 34-52-1-164-458. They're also apparently called DSC Pressure sensors. The light hasn't turned back on since then.

Thanks for the info. My issue turned out to be a faulty Steering Angle Sensor. My airbag light was also on.

A German car shop quoted me $1,100 to fix since you have to remove the steering column. I just don't see why these so called luxury cars can use such cheap components that would fail after 80k miles.

Thanks for the info. My issue turned out to be a faulty Steering Angle Sensor. My airbag light was also on.

A German car shop quoted me $1,100 to fix since you have to remove the steering column. I just don't see why these so called luxury cars can use such cheap components that would fail after 80k miles.

I'd get a second opinion; my wife's 2004 E83 threw an SAS fault code, and once I cleared it it never returned- even after 200k miles. The fact that the SRS light is also on tells me there may be an issue with the column harness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back