BlackHawk tires

Hi Everyone,

My sons 2014 Kia Rio needs to last another year or so (burns oil and just getting a bit old.) He needs new tires. I was in Mavis getting an alignment (he hit a curb....) and they offered me (4) Blackhawk Street-H HH01 BK XL for around $89. They also gave me a military discount on installation. 50,000 mile warranty. Seem to ride really nice. I'm just hoping they last for another year or so.

Anyone ever heard of these?

Hi Everyone,

My sons 2014 Kia Rio needs to last another year or so (burns oil and just getting a bit old.) He needs new tires. I was in Mavis getting an alignment (he hit a curb....) and they offered me (4) Blackhawk Street-H HH01 BK XL for around $89. They also gave me a military discount on installation. 50,000 mile warranty. Seem to ride really nice. I'm just hoping they last for another year or so.

Anyone ever heard of these?
Never heard of them, but I suspect just like most any China tire that makes it into US repair shop chains, they'll perform just fine. Best technology / treadlife? Probably not, but they'll be safe tires that should hold up for a few years and provide adequate performance. That brand is made buy Sailun, a reputable Chinese brand that makes a lot of commercial tires for the US market.

If the son hit a curb, why isn't he getting the alignment? Or tires on the car he drives? My kids (have two approaching driving age) have a rude awakening coming if/when they hit a curb; they'll either fix it themselves or work for it... Not judging, different strokes for different folks, just trying to understand the logic.

Never heard of them, but I suspect just like most any China tire that makes it into US repair shop chains, they'll perform just fine. Best technology / treadlife? Probably not, but they'll be safe tires that should hold up for a few years and provide adequate performance. That brand is made buy Sailun, a reputable Chinese brand that makes a lot of commercial tires for the US market.

If the son hit a curb, why isn't he getting the alignment? Or tires on the car he drives? My kids (have two approaching driving age) have a rude awakening coming if/when they hit a curb; they'll either fix it themselves or work for it... Not judging, different strokes for different folks, just trying to understand the logic.
Absolutely. We got an alignment. Plus 4 tires. He’s paying me back. I assure you :)

Thanks for info on tires. They seem pretty nice.

Back