black magic graphene detail spray

was at WM and saw it on closeout for $5 a bottle. cheap enough to try. some of the reviews i have read spoke or smearing and hard to get off of surface. i tried it today on a dark Blue CRV . and it seems the reviews may have some substance to them . after app there was residue that took a bit of elbow grease to remove. good thing i only put it on a small section. people with lighter color cars says it works fine .

the only other graphene spray i have tried is adam and it was on a blue WRX. same thing in that it left streaks also . i wonder if its just the nature of the beast

Last edited:
Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax is amazing for the ease of use.. (its a spray wax)
It also holds up very well.

The Turtle wax graphene spray wax was a bear by comparison esp. on dark colors.
image_2023-02-13_183645132.jpg

was at WM and saw it on closeout for $5 a bottle. cheap enough to try. some of the reviews i have read spoke or smearing and hard to get off of surface. i tried it today on a dark Blue CRV . and it seems the reviews may have some substance to them . after app there was residue that took a bit of elbow grease to remove. good thing i only put it on a small section. people with lighter color cars says it works fine .

the only other graphene spray i have tried is adam and it was on a blue WRX. same thing in that it left streaks also . i wonder if its just the nature of the beast

Saw the same stuff, was 7.97 and got it for four dollars each.

Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax is amazing for the ease of use.. (its a spray wax)
It also holds up very well.

The Turtle wax graphene spray wax was a bear by comparison esp. on dark colors.
View attachment 140365

Griots is the real deal. Would recommend to anyone.

And if you want to save 5 bucks, the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray is just about equal in quality.

I have not heard or seen anything about anyone's graphene sprays that make me want to try them over these two ceramic sprays.

I got a bottle of the stuff on clearance as well. It seemed to come off fine but I have only tried it on my wife's white car. Did you try flipping the towel or using another dry microfiber for the final wipe? It tends to help.

The more ceramic material in a product, the harder it is to remove. Those products do last longer. I've found that you need to use more product than they recommend, especially on dark vehicles. I've never cared for any Black Magic products.

Griots is the real deal. Would recommend to anyone.

And if you want to save 5 bucks, the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray is just about equal in quality.

I have not heard or seen anything about anyone's graphene sprays that make me want to try them over these two ceramic sprays.
I'm not a chemical engineer, but I really don't understand how a bunch of graphite particles floating around in a suspension is supposed to actually do anything for an optically transparent coating that is microns in thickness.

^ Marketing angle. Graphite has no useful purpose except in enough concentration to darken faded trim that's porous enough to trap a bit of it, for a while.

so i tried it on a light car today. so weird black stuff came out of the bottle. seemed kinda stringy . is this the graphene? i am tempted to jsut toss this stuff

I'm still finishing with the 5 bottles of the Eagle One All Surface Nano Carnuba Spray. It's great. I use the Maguires Green Ceramic after a quick clay bar and top coat with detail spray. I miss that product. I like Griots products but have too much stuff now to be storing any more stuff

Back