BITOG 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwillson

Staff member
I was cleaning up some old files on the server and found this image of what I believe is a graph showing the number of hits (unique visitors)/day on the BITOG site. It looks like the average hits/day in April 2002 was around 150 and the site grew to an average of about 300 hits/day by October 2002. Oh how times have changed.

Wayne

sitegraph2002.png

Originally Posted By: spasm3
How many hits a day do we average now?

About 60,000 unique visitors/day.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: wwillson
Originally Posted By: spasm3
How many hits a day do we average now?

About 60,000 unique visitors/day.

Wayne

LOL! Talk about massive growth!

Wwilson---Do you have a list of how many countries are represented in BITOG membership? It would be interesting to know.

Oldtommy

Sorry for the silly question but what is a "unique" visitor. Are these non members or a total of all people that hit the site per day.

Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy
Wwilson---Do you have a list of how many countries are represented in BITOG membership? It would be interesting to know.

Oldtommy

I don't, but I do show that we had visits from 224 different countries in the last 30 days.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: jstutz
Sorry for the silly question but what is a "unique" visitor. Are these non members or a total of all people that hit the site per day.

Unique visitors has to do with that users host IP, so there is no awareness if a user is logged on or not.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: wwillson
Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy

Oldtommy

I don't, but I do show that we had visits from 224 different countries in the last 30 days.

Wayne

Isn't there only 196 countries in the world?

I hope this doesn't sound too mushy but for me it is because of the moderating. Some other places are out of control and downright cruel. Keep up the good work.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Isn't there only 196 countries in the world?

249 at the moment if you count Vatican as a country
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: White 03
I hope this doesn't sound too mushy but for me it is because of the moderating. Some other places are out of control and downright cruel. Keep up the good work.

+1
I got flagged once. But when I reexamined the video I posted, it did contain some inappropriate images.
Fair enough.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dparm
There was nothing to talk about back then other than GC, clearly.

18.gif

I think the board was much better back then. Of course we had Bob but also Johnny, Tooslick and Terry Dyson. Many of us came here from the Edmunds boards.

Of those peaks and valleys, which are weekdays and which weekends? Is BITOG a big 9-to-5 workday time waster or are we so honest to be doing it on our own time?
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back