Billiards, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently become interested in billiards (playing at a friends home) and I'd like to buy a table for my finished basement.

The area I have set aside is 14' x 22' so I am comfortable that an 8' x 4' table with 52" cues will be playable.

I'm looking at a new Olhausen Americana or Kasson tables; no good used tables around right now. Seems it takes about $2,000 to get a decent table (delievered and setup).

Are these tables/prices out of line?

Not into the pool hall or bar scene so I have below average skill but I anticipate playing once a week alone plus once a month with friends.

Any general advice/comments?

Thanks.

are you talking billiards or pool? it's my understanding (which I may be wrong) that the tables are different for each. Personally, I like going to the local pool hall... going there tonight actually.

I mean pool.

One can use the term billiards to refer to any game played on a table in which the balls are moved by means of a cue.

Have fun tonight!
cheers.gif

That's about what we paid for an 8 foot table with a 1" slate top. My area though it 17' wide and is not too big. It may be a little tight with a 14' wide room.

Quote:

It may be a little tight with a 14' wide room.

The width of the playing surface is 44". Adding 52" on each side (cue length) gives 12' 4".

So I thought that the room is actually 20" wider than I need to play comfortably.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back