Big storm coming: how much you going to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly 2" of rain here. It should make for a nice mess with all the snow that's still around.

Originally Posted By: Rand
pouring and 61f here.

they say some ice mix, and 8-16" but revised it to 5-8 then 1-3 sat.

Same here.

Also, they are saying freezing rain. It was 50*F+ the night before and all of yesterday. I'd think the ground will be too warm to allow freezing until the rain transitions to snow.

Crazy there Ramfan. I saw where St Louis dropped from 63 to 29 in 3 hrs.... Quite dramatic fall you all had.

We got about 7 inches last Thursday. Gone now. 64 out... Crazy. I was pumping gas Sunday morning at -5°F.

Just supposed to be rain out in my part of PA, thank goodness. Working in Altoona today and they're predicting some snow, so they are treating the roads right now.

Bare ground and driveway. Very little effort on my part to reduce the patch of 2" ice created after the Ariens broke. I got soaked, but its a job I've always liked, because there is so little effort expended for so much gain. Gravity is free if you can figure out how to use it.

The snow forecast proved to be a bust, with maybe an inch on the ground this morning and clear, sunny skies.
There is some ice under the snow, but it's crusty and not slick. There is some minor drifting in the driveway, since it did get quite windy, but the limited snowfall resulted in mini drifts of maybe four inches.
The cold did come and I had about 8F on my thermometer at around seven this morning.

Yep, bout what I got. I cleaned off sidewalk and buddy plowed my parking area
smile.gif

Put some calcium chloride on walks for mailman
smile.gif

I'd say we received .4" at the most.

It was raining during my morning commute and apparently turned to snow around 7am. My only issue was a frozen door.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back