Big Brother

What does Ford care if you're late on a payment? They already got their money from the banks. It's the banks who should be filing for the patent.

This tech has been around for a while with remote ignition disconnects. Rent-to-own used car dealers are big customers of these products. Disable the car, send a tow truck, and no need to track the owner down in their 2005 Malibu.

Last edited:
I think this also has to do with patent squatting as well, if there is such a thing. Come up with an idea and patent it so your competition doesn't use it as a competitive advantage against you.

That was the excuse Airbus used when they came up with these bicycle style airplane seats to cram as many people onto a plane as possible.

Airplane Bike Seat.JPG

So Ford is their own bank now? And they're going to know where that car is 24/7?
Doesn't GM also have its own financing arm?

These days, with over the air programming... how hard could it be? If not 24/7, then at least whenever they feel like looking. With car to car communications likely to be the next big thing, it seems to me, as long as the OEM pays for the cell time, they would be free to do what they want (especially if they are still the one holding the title).

I'm pretty sure Ford Motor Credit was started way back when Henry Ford was still alive.
I think so... I recall reading a number of months ago about how hard it was to get people to sign up for loans... and that was for six month loans at that.

Back