Bestline Treated Engine without oil, for how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: andyd
Wait whoa. New outta the box, the Predator shouldn't work with no oil. They come with a low oil shutoff. A shame to fry 2 engines that otherwise would give good service. I'm heading into my 5th season with one on my snow blower.

He disabled the low oil sensor in the video.
thumbsup2.gif

Yah he must have. My point was that NIB, the engines won't start without oil. So adding a "saver" isn't necessary in a real world application.

The guy is thorough and has great fab skills having made his own oil film strength test rig!

I'd hate to trash more engines, but it would be interesting to see if these results would repeat, or if the actual failure point is due to slight differences is tolerances, materials, etc.

I think given the wear scar and the engine lasting so much longer with Bestline in the oil before he drained it that it's definitely doing something. Now that is not to say it doesn't cause other problems upsetting a normal oils composition, or increasing wear in other areas but this is interesting.

Not rushing out to buy Bestline. LOL

It sure would be nice if his tests represented the real world. It's possible they do but how would know. By the time you prove it one way or the other way down the road you'd forget what you figured out.

To scientifically prove the benefits of this product, one would need to have a number of engines to do a scientific A-B experiment. Say twenty engines. Ten treated and ten untreated. Fire them all up under the same circumstances and see what the outcome is.

To me, it's just another snake oil. Running engines with no oil in them is just something I don't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back