best way to wash with pressure washer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Originally Posted By: user52165
Don't.

Stick your hand under the nozzle and see how you like it.

Great for concrete and other things, but not cars.

A hand is not a car.

+1 And shooting a pressure washer at your hand could be hazardous to your health. You could even end up losing a hand............

Ok, I tried using lower pressure and let the soap sit on for a few minutes and this is what I had trouble with before. I can't get rid of the dirt off the vehicles surface. Ant advise on that? How can a touches car wash do it?

Originally Posted By: NH73
Ok, I tried using lower pressure and let the soap sit on for a few minutes and this is what I had trouble with before. I can't get rid of the dirt off the vehicles surface. Ant advise on that? How can a touches car wash do it?

They can't, without using soap that will strip wax and damage your finish over time.

Next time the soap is sitting, use a wash mitt like in the video I posted.

I bought an electric pressure washer a few months ago specifically to wash our cars with. At only 1800 PSI and 1.2 GPM (I think), I'm not worried about harming the finish. The water pressure at our house is so low that without the pressure washer, there isn't enough pressure to remove stubborn dirt. If someone else (wife) flushes a toilet or showers or does laundry, my urine stream is stronger than the water coming out of the hose. Since we just bought this house last year, I don't feel like moving for the sake of water pressure - yet, but without the pressure washer, my cars were taking forever to clean properly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nolesfan
I bought an electric pressure washer a few months ago specifically to wash our cars with. At only 1800 PSI and 1.2 GPM (I think), I'm not worried about harming the finish. The water pressure at our house is so low that without the pressure washer, there isn't enough pressure to remove stubborn dirt. If someone else (wife) flushes a toilet or showers or does laundry, my urine stream is stronger than the water coming out of the hose. Since we just bought this house last year, I don't feel like moving for the sake of water pressure - yet, but without the pressure washer, my cars were taking forever to clean properly.
Your water pressure could be probably be fixed with some plumbing fixes.

The water company came out earlier in the year and it looks like water pipes are 1/2" rather than 3/4". The house was built in 1942 so metals were used more for war efforts than home/auto manufacturing. At least that's my guess as to why...

The water company came out earlier in the year and it looks like water pipes are 1/2" rather than 3/4". The house was built in 1942 so metals were used more for war efforts than home/auto manufacturing. At least that's my guess as to why...
Your main supply pipe is usually 3/4" pipe, it is not 3/4" up to every fixture, even not any fixture. Did you ever check with a plumber what it would cost to upgrade your main supply line or is the plumbing mostly inaccessible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back