Best selling sodas from the past.

Yup Tab was horrific...
My neighbor drank it.

My aunt drank Tab religiously for decades. She Kept cases of it on hand at all times. I believe there was a Tab clear as well around the same time crystal pepsi first came out. It didn’t last long though from what I remember.

Slice used to have some really good sodas. The fruit punch and pineapple stood out to me.

C&C. They used to advertise a lot in the 80s although I'm pretty sure they still exist in some form with regional distribution.

Not sure if it's a soft drink per se, but Pepsi used to heavily advertise their All-Sport sports drink. The brand didn't completely go away, but Pepsi divested itself of All-Sport after it bought Quaker Oats, which included Gatorade.
image004.jpeg

Tab was quite big for awhile in the '60s. The aftertaste was disgusting, and around 1970 there was some bad press linking cyclamates to cancer. I'm surprised it was around so long.

The song from the TV ad remains in my memory banks ...

"How can just one calorie taste so good?
How can just one calorie taste so good?
Oh, the Coca Cola company
puts the flavour in Tab!
Doo doo doo."
There was an old joke that the most efficient way to rid a property of rats was to leave out sauxers of Tab.

I used to think RC Cola tasted better than Coke or Pepsi but Orange drank was my favorite. Root Beer up there too. This was when I was a kid, as a teen I didn't actually drink much soda.

Reactions: hrv
My favorite is Moxie. Its only available in New England, and is bottled by Coca Cola. They are cutting back on distribution of Moxie, and I now have to drive 50 miles to stock up.

When I was a kid, we knew the family that bottled and distributed Moxie in the Worcester Massachusetts area. We used to get straight Moxie syrup, and put it on vanilla ice cream. Some even tried to make a "moxie malted" with milk, but I thought that tasted terrible.

I used to think RC Cola tasted better than Coke or Pepsi but Orange drank was my favorite. Root Beer up there too. This was when I was a kid, as a teen I didn't actually drink much soda.
Royal Crown Royal is not bad 🤔

We don’t need no stinkin’ anti drainback/anti-siphon valves! And we played pond hockey without helmets nor masks (I will admit maybe today is better when it comes to head protection)
Especially bull riders finally wearing them - that was nuts 🥜

Used to love the nickel cokes when I was a kid in the 50's. Every once in awhile I would spring for a Nehi orange or grape for seven cents.

Reactions: hrv
Used to love the nickel cokes when I was a kid in the 50's. Every once in awhile I would spring for a Nehi orange or grape for seven cents.
and you took the bottle back for a few pennies back...or go around the area and collect bottles and take them in and get enough for another pop or ice cream bar...

Reactions: Bud
What’s amazing is we had deposits on bottles since I was a kid, growing up in CT then moving to NY.

In 1999 I moved to PA, and have never really dealt with bottle deposits since. A couple times, I brought bottles from PA to CT, and I got a nickel each (not worth it wanted to see what happened as they are labeled with deposits).

There was a soda distributor that used to deliver Kist in bottles by the case in the neighborhood. I have no idea how mom got on their delivery schedule. Mom would pick out a verity of flavors and they'd show up on the front porch.

I just picked up a 2L diet Shasta Tiki Punch this afternoon from the dollar store. I gave up soda 10 or so years ago but I still get the occasional craving.

Back