Best oils and filters for new atv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just recently gotten a 2007 KingQuad 700 atv. It only had 129 miles and 32 hrs on it when I got it. I road it once so far and it was a good decent ride. I may ride it one more time or may not before changing the oil. It is the original factory oil in it and never has been changed. I want to go synthetic oil but not sure what is the best ones to choose from in oil and filters. It calls for 10w40. You can go 10w30 on cold side and 20w50 for the hottest side. 10w50 is next one above 10w40 in the manual. I don't plan on doing a lot of winter riding if much at all. My concern is the summer months.

Do you plan on towing heavy loads or doing anything stressful for the machine? If not conventional hdeo might be worth a try like rotella or delo 15/40. Lots of people experience good luck with amsoil's 0/40 atv oil as well.

No towing but will be two of us on the atv a lot. Rotella and amsoil 10w40 I have thought about. Rotella I read on here about was the 5x40 rts synthetic oil and also 15w40 which it I guess is a non synthetic oil? I know its post to be MA compliant and JH,JG, and JS or what ever compliant. It has to be for wet clutch and not a friction modifier I think (not energy conserving).

Indeed Rotella 15/40 is conventional. I've used all kinds of synthetic and conventional hdeos over the years in many quads with great results.

At the local autozone I only saw Rotella 15w40 and Rotella T6 Synthetic 5w40. The Synthetic here is 25.00 and the 15w40 is 15.00. I have switched over to synthetic in my cars not long ago so I would like to do the same in the atv.

Walmart has the Rotella 5w40 a gallon $19.00 and change. I usually purchase mine from there. And I buy all they have on shelf. Since they do not normally stock more than a case at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back