Best oil for 07 Honda Racher 420cc EFI atv

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you guys run?
The manual reccomends 10w30 motorcycle oil.

It also allows the use of 0w30, 5w30 and 10w40 oils ,but 10w30 is the main one mentioned.

10w40 can be used above 15 degrees.

This quad will be ridden HARD.
So far its got 24 miles on it.

I plan on doing the 1st change around 50 to 60 miles.
When would yall change?
It is liquid cooled.

Any feedback is apperciated.

IS it air cooled?
If ridden hard I'd go with 40wt because it will be thinner from the heat of being ridden hard.
maybe a 5w40 like rotella T syn.
IF you want to go pricy m1 motorcycle oil.

It is water cooled.
Thinking of going with amsoil 10w30 or 1040 MC oil ,but stil undecided at the moment.

Congratulations on your new quad. Being a new model, I'm not sure of many quads with single cylinder, liquid cooling and EFI with a track record other than the Suzuki King Quad. That is where I would start.

Please let us know how you are enjoying it. Is it an ES model?

I decided to order Amsoil 10w30 small engine 10w30/SAE30.
It has the jasoMA rating.

Will probably go to 40 weight next time.

Steve128, yes it is a ES model.
So far I love it.
Only put 24 miles on it ,but many more to follow.
lots of power!!

Yeah Ive been running M1 10w40 in my 85 fourtrax 250 for about the last 4 years it it runs great!!

I wouldnt hewsitate on M1 if they had a 10w30.
Even though honda says you can use other weights they seem to focus on the 10w30 in the manual.

Im seriously thinking about just not using the amsoil.
Its not specifically for bikes and motorcycles and that makes me paranoid!!

not big on multispec fluids.

Although my Rancher is air-cooled and has manual tranny, I switched to Amsoil 0W-40 back almost a year ago and that is all I will ever use. My Rancher loved the Honda oil and by that I mean it consumed it. My g/f's Yamaha Bruin was starting to smoke on start-up and on deceleration from speed but the Amsoil stopped that too.

They both run cooler with synthetic oil in the sumps because the fans on the oil coolers don't run as much as before under the same driving conditions.

Amsoil for my machines.....even in our little TRX 90!

Mine is also a Manual tranny just with electric shift.

I would have probably chosen the 0w40 ,but they reccomend the 10w30.
I may go to 40 after I use the 30 up.

My atv (Yamaha Warrior) consumed the amsoil like crazy but has now stopped consuming oil since I switched to esso xd-3 0w-40. I was using the amsoil 0w-40 atv oil.

I had a 2001 and 2005 Rancher ES 4X4's and used only Amsoil 10W-40 MC. I now have a 2006 Rincon and using the Amsoil 0W-40 in it, changed it over at 5 hrs.

Sold the 2005 (350 miles) to my neighbors grandson and got the 06 Rincon for the better ride. It took me about 2 months to put 350 miles on it but he doubled that in the first 2 weeks.

I swear by Amsiol 0w-40 for year round ATV use.

Others I like are Valvoline, M1 Motorcycle, and Amsiol all in 10w-40. Rumor has it that Rotella T 5w-40 gives good results in motorcycles and ATV's. I've used it once, with nothing impressing me, but no problems either.

My rancher is an air cooled ES{pos} model.I am looking at a new rancher,but will never buy another ES.Anyway it ran hot as hades,decided to use mobil 1 mx4t.Engine now seems to run cooler[fan doesnt come on as much,might be my imagination].M1 now has gone to 9 dollars a qt,so I will probably change to golden spectro.I hear the new rancher is faaast,but will give them some time to see if durability is an issue{like my never fixed right back to honda 6 times ES}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back