Best new car smell substitute?

I’ve tried chemical guys “new car smell” product, and I was disappointed. It smells more like lemon fused with dawn dishwashing soap. What’s a good plastic scented device I can use to bring me that sweet olfactory pleasure that I do not have access to right now?

Oddly enough I’ve found cleaners like armor-all and carnuaba waxes to smell great, but they only last like a day or two.

dunno how close it is, ( I always buy well used... not sure I've actually smelled true new car scent.) but i always liked the "new car scent" little trees.
of course they can be a pain to deal with.

1713785955149.jpeg

I’m thinking the slow release oil types that clip to the vents might be a better option than the sprays. The sprays only last a few days (2-3) before another application is needed. I’ll probably try glade.

A shame it seems new car smell cannot be replicated through aftermarket scents.

I dont care for the smell of a new car. Its just all the plastics, carpet etc off gassing.

Paco

I prefer the oily rag smell. Only takes one application, lasts forever. Let a jug of fresh oil/psf leak in the back of your car for a few days, and boom! You got that premium old beater smell

When our 2017 Sentra came back from the body shop , it had the new car smell. I'm going to assume it was from getting a new roof, rear quarter panels, trunk floor, trunk, rear windshield, a lot of adhesive and a lot of new paint

Shows you how ineffective those air fresheners that hang from the rear view mirror can be , even with 5 of them in the green hornet.

Last edited:
Back