Best/Favorite first riff/20 seconds of iconic rock song?

Boston should be the official BITOG band. Tom Scholz was pretty much Boston all by himself and the ultimate OCD rocker. He basically wore out the studio making the Third Stage album. He'd fit right in around here.
Unfortunately, Boston was Tom and Brad. When Brad died, it became like Journey without Steve. Were/are they still good? Sure. But are they as legendary as they were before? Not a chance.

That's the thing that you fail to see. This isn't about being right or wrong, it's personal opinion. Too aggressive there Chico.
Exactly, and your opinion is wrong. Neener neener. I win, you lose. Good day!

A few that come to mind:

Rush - Limelight, Fly By Night
Black Sabbath - Paranoid, Iron Man
Ozzy - Steal Away the Night
Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama, Call Me The Breeze
Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Motley Crue - Kickstart my Heart, Looks that Kill
Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water (obviously!)
Zeppelin - Rock n Roll, Communication Breakdown
Cream/Clapton - Layla, Sunshine of Your Love

I mean there are almost too many to list. I agree 100% on Reelin' in the Years too. And I love Boston but it's hard for me to pick an intro that really grabs me. Same with the Allman brothers for some reason.

It's a personal opinion, it can't be right or wrong. Don't be so childish with your neener neener. What does that even mean?
Who cares? Boston was over-produced, over-played, and not even all that original. Todd Rundgren had already done the "one guy does everything" album. And he's still going. I'm going to a show in April.
But I'm thankful for bands like Boston. They made the birth of punk necessary.

It's a personal opinion, it can't be right or wrong. Don't be so childish with your neener neener. What does that even mean?
To be fair, one's opinion can absolutely be wrong. If one said that we didn't have a star called the Sun that shines onto our planet, they'd be wrong. If someone picked up a handful of snow and said it wasn't snow, they'd be wrong. Etc. etc. Just because one has an opinion doesn't mean it can't be wrong.

Again, to be fair. ;)

Also, if you haven't figured out, which you haven't, probably due to your horribly bad taste in music, I'm being facetious and giving you a good-natured ribbing, since you're wrong. ;)

Back