Beretta or Taurus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've owned a Taurus PT-99 AF since 1986. Solely used as a range pistol. Never a problem.

Carried the M9 for years overseas. Sloppy.

Last edited:
Do you want the safety on the slide or the frame?

Do you need a rail?

These are the questions I would be asking.

I have multiple examples of both under consideration. All of my 92 variants are Italian manufacture. The Taurus variants I own work flawlessly.

Beretta ( and Benelli ) are my favorite firearm. In this particular instance, I prefer the Taurus.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Get the Beretta. It's not like they're super expensive in the first place. If it's between Taurus and throwing rocks, get the Taurus. If it's between Taurus and Beretta, then it's Beretta hands down without any further thought.
I posed the same question here about 9 months ago and went with the Italian made 92FS. They were on sale at PSA for $450 OTD. I also considered the Police turn in used 92's for $299 off the web. It is a gamble on the police turn in 92's, some are like new and some are used and abused. My local gunsmith advised me for that price, get the new Italian Beretta. I'm glad I decided on the Beretta, and after many rounds it has performed flawlessly with not a single hiccup. The feel of racking the slide tells me it's as close to precision as you can get these days. I also bought the walnut grips from Beretta to 'purty it up' after billt posted some pics of his walnut gripped 92.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back