BCA wheelbearings

QX1

i.has anyone replaced their cars wheelbearings recently? Mine G35 sedan 06 6mt was recently replaced rear wheel bearing to BCA bearing produced by NTN, that is Oem manufactor to Nissan brand. Now swceral month later car still feels kind a stuck, it does nor roll so freely as it shoyld i think. the other side rear last year was also wheelbearing replaced(Timken) but it had drive in period for 2 weeks. you could sense when it was loosen, but this is kind steange, does anyone has experience with BCA, ? both Timken and BCA sold exactly the same bearing HUB221 was pressed on bearing.

I'd look at dragging brakes first? Have you elevated each wheel and tried to spin by hand?

The true indication in my opinion would be your fuel economy. I’ve lost 2-3 mpg just with a tire change due to rolling resistance increase.

Reactions: D60
brakes have been checked also handbrake pads
If a wheel bearing is providing enough drag you can truly feel it from the driver seat when coasting I'd say something is very wrong with the bearing and it'd be noticeable by hand.

Otherwise I think you're hyper-focused on a problem that may not exist.

I suppose you could get scientific and check rotational torque with AND without brakes installed on all four corners. If one has a number that stands out, you've found a potential issue.

edit: I'd also expect the offending bearing to be getting warmer than the others, so try an IR gun or thermal imager

The true indication in my opinion would be your fuel economy. I’ve lost 2-3 mpg just with a tire change due to rolling resistance increase.
True. my car fuel economy has increased. I have noticed that BCA wheel bearings rolling resustance hss increased. In Timken rolling resistance freed up during 2 weeks. If BTa and Timken using same bearing, do they have different quality hard to believe? It is add, to me. cause bearing is exactly the same!

In this world of outsourcing and supply chain issues it’s difficult to tell with 100% certainity who made something. Counterfeit parts crop up all over the place.
With that said, a hub/bearing assembly rotational torque would differ if the axle nut was torqued differently, or if the assembly line pressed the hub together differently.
Lot’s of subpar parts out there, even from a known good brand it seems.

Agree. Our times, many factory organize such a anomalia you could hardly imagine. Even SKF sales in their packaze NTN wheel bearings. To me is that cheating of clients, bexause if i buy SKF i expect to get SKF in the packet.

Check your brake hoses - you could have accidently rotated the caliper when replacing the bearing (as they have to come off) and caused a twist of the hose.... It happens, that will feel like a brake applied.

I agree with D60 - if you can feel resistance to coasting, then something should be getting hot after not much driving. My guess would be the brakes because if there were something wrong with the wheel bearing, it would be making some noise. They wont tolerate much in the way of manufacturing or installation issues before they self-destruct.

Back