Battery replacement?

If you need a battery, I would still call the dealer. The warranty is with the car, not with the original purchaser. I've bought used cars and brought them while still under warranty for repairs. And surprisingly from threads on this forum, dealers do replace batteries often times while under warranty so costs you nothing to ask.
3yr/36k basic, 5yr/60k drivetrain? I'm at 2yr/47k. Pretty sure it's over with. Maybe I can get goodwill if the DCM needs a reflash, not sure on that. I do have to be at the dealer for the key replacement, and will ask about the reflash, and if they want to replace the battery, we'll see. But my cheapo tester says it's just fine... which I don't understand. But this week I've been daily driving the car, and really careful to not use XM, to switch back to FM radio, and to switch the radio off before shutting down. No issues, although I haven't checked battery voltage each morning.

3yr/36k basic, 5yr/60k drivetrain? I'm at 2yr/47k. Pretty sure it's over with. Maybe I can get goodwill if the DCM needs a reflash, not sure on that. I do have to be at the dealer for the key replacement, and will ask about the reflash, and if they want to replace the battery, we'll see. But my cheapo tester says it's just fine... which I don't understand. But this week I've been daily driving the car, and really careful to not use XM, to switch back to FM radio, and to switch the radio off before shutting down. No issues, although I haven't checked battery voltage each morning.

honestly, the best way to load test a battery is with a carbon pile and ammeter.

Battery in my 17 Buick Regal GS died on me last night, AC Delco, went with a Ever Start Platinum AGM H6 battery, can't believe how heavy that thing weighs, got exactly six years out of the stock AC Delco, hope I get that long out of the Platinum. ;)
1703368498497.jpg

Battery hasn't acted up since (probably should check the jump pack I put into the trunk, for all I know it might be dead!). I honestly think it was related to listening to Sirius, quit doing that and made sure to turn the radio off when I park (usually I don't bother turning it on at all).

Then again, years ago my Tundra killed the battery overnight too. Likewise no good explanation. After a jump it was fine for years. Dunno.

Battery in my 17 Buick Regal GS died on me last night, AC Delco, went with a Ever Start Platinum AGM H6 battery, can't believe how heavy that thing weighs, got exactly six years out of the stock AC Delco, hope I get that long out of the Platinum. ;)
View attachment 194541
What state did you purchase it in - and what are the first 2 letters in the serial - for those of us keeping score at home?

Back