Battery for 2008 Civic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always had the best success with OEM batteries. The last time I replaced a Honda battery, Acura had one heck of a warranty. I only use Toyota/Lexus batteries with a little vaseline.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Always get the physically largest and highest capacity battery that will fit in your battery box. Larger capacity batteries last longer.

^this, and make it a MAXX. always best deal, no gimmicks.

Pep boys has the discount code mmj30 for 30% off their batteries when u order for pickup online
The Bosch AGM 4 year replacement 24F battery $196 down to $137
Or Bosch premium 3 year replacement 24F $142 down to $99

I have been using Bosch batteries for some time now
Seems like a good deal

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
There are thousands of 24 hour Wal-Mart stores to warranty a battery. That right there is worth any extra cost. I've been on vacation 7 states away, and have easily swapped a defective battery under warranty.

This.

I can usually throw a rock and hit 1 or 2 WalMarts. A friend had an Autozone battery that was under warranty die at 10:30 at night. Autozones were closed, so we had to wait until the morning. Not a big deal if you are stuck at home and can get a ride from a friend. A big deal if you are on a road trip somewhere.

Napa batteries are Deka, and I think Sears DieHards are now made by them, too. Anything Deka would be my first choice
smile.gif

AAP is known to have some good prices though, with their promo codes. SCW407 for 30% off (max discount $50), plus an additional $40 in speed perks rewards, possibly making it a very good deal.

So if AAP has a good price, get the Gold or Platinum battery. The Platinum is AGM. AAP's batteries are made by JCI.

Aside from sole source contracts like Costco has with JCI, the only way to be reasonably certain who makes a particular battery is to check what's on the shelf.

The NAPA batteries here aren't made by East Penn, at least in the sizes I usually shop.

Supply source can shift even within a manufacturer. A little over a year ago, the stock of the JCI battery I needed was coming from their Saudi joint venture. Now, the stock on the shelf is coming from Mexico again.

Look before you leap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back