Bathroom Scale

I think I found a picture of your old one.
1704082818722.png

joking aside
are these numbers big enough or you want super jumbo numbers?

Here is the amazon pic
1704083002778.jpg

Oh and good luck finding one that takes AA's or AAA's

Most of them are now lithium roundies.. at least you can get replacements cheaper online.

I have a Taylor mechanical. It matches the scale when I get weighed at a DR appt. Old pic. I weigh 162 unclothed now @6'2". I'm not a strong man and would like to build some muscle. I do have stamina and can average 18 MPH on a road bike for 3 hours.

IMG_0878.jpeg

I got an Omron. Resolution of 0.2 lbs/90 grams. It measures body fat, visceral fat, and skeletal muscle reasonably accurately within a few percent as long as my fluid level is normal. AA batteries.

How good a job do you think it does beyond measuring weight? The fancy machine at the nutritional doctor I go to you step on but also hold sensors with your fingers.

The Etekcity ones are tops.
I used a caustic drain cleaner in the bathroom sink and some dripped onto the glass and etched it.

It measures body fat, visceral fat, and skeletal muscle
How can a scale do that? Seriously

Ha..I just realized...a bathroom scale thread on New Year's Resolution Day.
Ashtrays to the thrift store tomorrow...HNY.

The Etekcity ones are tops.
I used a caustic drain cleaner in the bathroom sink and some dripped onto the glass and etched it.
I have no reason to suspect foulplay.
How can a scale do that? Seriously
Electricity passes through different tissues at different speeds. Measuring impedance of the body allows for a rough estimate of body composition. This doesn't work well if you overly hydrated or dehydrated.
Ha..I just realized...a bathroom scale thread on New Year's Resolution Day.
Ashtrays to the thrift store tomorrow...HNY.
There's always next year!

I've had this one for a few years. Works well and uses "AAA" batteries. It has a low margin of error in many of the units measured. I only know as my former police surgeon is a good friend and he allows me to use his office's "InBody" scanning tool. My scale produces similar results BUT!! And it's a big one! The weight on my scale is consistently about a pound heavier than his "InBody" machine. I'm going with MY scale is wrong!!!

How good a job do you think it does beyond measuring weight? The fancy machine at the nutritional doctor I go to you step on but also hold sensors with your fingers.
If it's worth the extra cost, I can't say. All impedance scales have foot sensors to stand on and the better ones have also palm sensors. I'm inclined to say skip those features unless you like gadgets and are happy with rough estimates.

This is been really reliable. It is a bit wide but not as much as one might think. AA Batteries, come to think if it, cant remember the last time I replaced them, if ever, I am sure I must have at some point. It just seems like an incredibly well made scale. I just noticed it can handle 440 Lbs so must be well made.

Back