Basic circular saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that one was at lowes. Didn't like it's in-hand feel as much, which is odd because I really like my other Bosch power tools.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Have you tried the Milwaukee Tilt-Lok ?

It was the Milwaukee offering at HD.

As I said before, I didnt operate any, it was all just hand feel. Milwaukee was really nice, sidewinder was like $30 less and felt as good or better.

Mid 90's Skil saw, the new ones suck. I probably have 75+ circular saws and the old Skil saws are still around, we probably go through 10 new ones a year but the old ones keep on chugging.

Yes, that was the Skill saw I used recently, I liked it very much. and I do not normally like Skill.

For me, it tracked straight when pushed, many others (De Walt particularly) did not.

But I did find the blade depth adjustment to be very inaccurate, off by more than 1/8"

Last edited:
Another gripe I had with a Makita saw recently, the Left hand "T' grip was more like an 'L'
It was very difficult to hold back the blade guard lever while holding the grip.

Potentially dangerous!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
As I said before, I didnt operate any, it was all just hand feel. Milwaukee was really nice, sidewinder was like $30 less and felt as good or better.

The hand feel is the most important aspect of any tool. I'm sure glad I bought my Skil worm drives when I
did because the latest Chinese made offerings have a completely different shaped handle that I don't like.

I have a worm drive and one day while trimming the tops off fence posts I got fed up with the weight of the thing, so I threw it on the ground and went to Home Depot and bought a Milwaukee Tilt Lock. AWESOME. I am right handed but prefer the blade on the left so I can see my cut. It is light and nimble and the handle adjusts to different positions. Plus the blade speed is about twice that of the worm drive so it cuts wood twice as fast. I use the worm drive for cutting concrete now when I need to, otherwise it sits on the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back