Baldwin Filters - FL1A & FL299 X-Refs (SAE 3/4-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: WellOiled
SOP=Standard Operating Procedure

Thanks.

By the way, the reason I made this thread to begin with is because my mother's 1996 Ford Explorer uses an FL1A sized oil filter ("Cologne" 4.0L OHV). The 3/4-16 threads, the gasket, and the bypass psi are all matching up the same... with this single exception - the B7231 does not have an ADBV, does not have a standpipe, and it does not have a bypass valve.

Anyway, I had been researching a while back (probably about a year ago) for a longer filter for my mom's Explorer and I had bought a BT251. I'm planning on changing the oil in the Explorer tomorrow actually because it is due for one, and I'm going to use the Baldwin filter on it.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
What's with BT217? Rock catcher, and low-flow despite being a gigantor filter?

B7311-MPG is definitely the way to go.

I agree. I wish I hadn't bought the BT251 before gathering this data. I'd have gotten the B7311-MPG instead. But because I'd already bought it months before, there was no reason not to use it since I couldn't return it. But it really isn't that big of a deal on a '96 Explorer with 185k miles to run for one OCI.

Also, for applications that can't fit the larger filter, the B2-HPG is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back