Backup Heat - Indoor Propane Wall Heater

I would like to install a backup heater for the house. Current HVAC is dual fuel with a 1000-gal propane tank buried in the back yard. Concern is not power outage as we have a 16kW propane generator, but rather equipment failure and long wiat for replacement parts. What are some decent options? My first inclination is a propane wall heater. Are any of these wall heaters made in the US? Are they going to be available again? Ha!
Mr. Heater 30,000 BTU Vent Free Blue Flame Propane Heater

I actually have a heater similar to the one you have posted, just a different brand. I’m sure you know his, but it has no exterior vent, so you will be breathing the fumes. Make sure your CO detector is working properly. Also, these heaters are not legal in all municipalities.

Yeah I particularly want one that isn't vented. I grew up with this type heater. What brand is it that you have?
It's certainly legal here as there are no issues with anything except the septic tank, no permits, etc.

I was hoping for something ventless. Regency doesn't have that. Although they look like a pretty good company. Perhaps I should also consider direct vent. Does that work well w/o power?

Why would you want unvented ? I understand you don't want to cut holes in your wall but you got to be breathing some bad stuff .

I lived quite a few years with this type of heat source and no noticeable ill effects. Perhaps I'm missing something though...

I actually have a heater similar to the one you have posted, just a different brand. I’m sure you know his, but it has no exterior vent, so you will be breathing the fumes. Make sure your CO detector is working properly. Also, these heaters are not legal in all municipalities.
Yes, and the detectors are needed for many gas fireplaces …
We have a DynaGlo ceramic in the utility room and the shop …
(put a sheet of aluminum behind them just for grins) …

I lived quite a few years with this type of heat source and no noticeable ill effects. Perhaps I'm missing something though...
Mine put out so much heat that an 1/8” window gap will not phase them …
(of course we see more 40’s than 30’s or less) …

Can you add a wood stove? We typically run it on the weekends or whenever it’s below 20*F or so. Used only 250 gallons of propane last winter.

Yeah I particularly want one that isn't vented. I grew up with this type heater. What brand is it that you have?
It's certainly legal here as there are no issues with anything except the septic tank, no permits, etc.
I have a Pro-Com ML250HPA. I must've had it for 10+ years.

Back