Auto Transport Company

Any budget friendly and reliable company you guys have experience with would like to recommend?

My experience ~10 years ago. There's a link to a transport review site I used a long time ago in this thread. However, I think the transport company I used is no longer around.

More auto transport "companies" are merely brokers. They'll quote you a price but the actual job will be bid on my many truckers. We ran into this a few years ago when we needed to ship a car from the midwest to Virginia.

I used Nick twice. Once to deliver a car from San Jose, CA to Arlington, TX and once from San Jose to Phoenix, AZ.

The 1st time was via broker, the 2nd was direct as I had his contact inf.
As @GON mentioned, brokers will give you a glowing offer and then something else happens... Deal directly with the transporter if at all possible.
Good luck.

More auto transport "companies" are merely brokers. They'll quote you a price but the actual job will be bid on my many truckers. We ran into this a few years ago when we needed to ship a car from the midwest to Virginia.
Almost every auto transport company is a broker. They will take your credit card, promise you anything and everything, and after the funds clear they will tell you---- you have to pay more. Very dirty business, just know every single thing you are told is a lie.

Make sure you know- the broker you are talking to is in his/ her house in their underwear watching Netflix while talking to you. In addition, after the deal is done and you paid hundreds or thousands more than the contract stated, they sell your credit card information (including your zip and security number) to their cousin in Romania, Nigeria, Jamaica, etc.

Almost ever broker posts auto transports on a board called central dispatch. They own no trucks, have no relationships as they screw both their client and the truck driver on every transaction.

There are a handful of high end auto transport companies that do deliver on what they say. And they charge significantly more for their services.

Cheapest , an auto drive away company and the most expensive is to put the vehicle on a truck.

Almost every auto transport company is a broker. They will take your credit card, promise you anything and everything, and after the funds clear they will tell you---- you have to pay more. Very dirty business, just know every single thing you are told is a lie.
100% correct...My friend had a contract to transport a car from Florida -New York. At some point prior to the cars pick-up date, the broker said no way for the agreed price and wanted $100's more. My friend went with a different broker but had to pay, you guessed it, $100's more. Very seedy business.

Reactions: GON
A little over a year ago, I had a Lincoln Mark IV open transported from NYC to (near) Austin, Texas. I dealt with USA CarShip, as their reviews were good and their quote was on the lower end (but not the lowest). Between rapidly increasing fuel prices and common industry practices, I ended up paying $200 or so more than my quote. It also ended up taking about two months, maybe more. I’m researching the topic again, since I’ll be having my inherited 1963 Cadillac transported from the Milwaukee area to the Austin area. I saw that the company I previously used had a lot more negative reviews from people in similar situations to mine. My shipping cost was still significantly less than Montway or Sherpa’s quote, though. This time around, I’ll likely go with Easy Auto Ship, as they seem to be one of the better-reviewed lower cost shippers. It probably helps that I’m flexible on pickup and delivery dates.

Yeah, a friend was doing this for child for college. He asked, or researched, or something who they used for shipping and just called one of the companies directly and got it for less 🤣

A little over a year ago, I had a Lincoln Mark IV open transported from NYC to (near) Austin, Texas. I dealt with USA CarShip, as their reviews were good and their quote was on the lower end (but not the lowest). Between rapidly increasing fuel prices and common industry practices, I ended up paying $200 or so more than my quote. It also ended up taking about two months, maybe more. I’m researching the topic again, since I’ll be having my inherited 1963 Cadillac transported from the Milwaukee area to the Austin area. I saw that the company I previously used had a lot more negative reviews from people in similar situations to mine. My shipping cost was still significantly less than Montway or Sherpa’s quote, though. This time around, I’ll likely go with Easy Auto Ship, as they seem to be one of the better-reviewed lower cost shippers. It probably helps that I’m flexible on pickup and delivery dates.
I have tried Easy Auto Shipped before. They were the cheapest at first. And as others said, they are just brokers and I ended up paying a little more than quoted.

I am currently looking at Mercury Auto Transport and they seem to have a better deal and good reviews.

Back