Auto RX in my Taurus GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finishing my final "rinse" cycle with dino oil and picked up an average 2mpg gain from 17 to 19mpg on a 180+k tired Vulcan OHV!
cool.gif

Another 500 miles to finish off the rinsing and giving her Mobil 1 10W-30, hoping to pick up another 1mpg
grin.gif

worshippy.gif
Frank!

I'm in the rinse cycle in my Mitsubishi truck 70k , I see a 1-2 mpg increase as well , like you said after the next change then a synthetic fill maybe another 1-2 more will happen ? Cool

Just put in Mobil 1 10W-30 for Fall/Winter....I'm hoping for another slight bump up in mileage for the ole Taurus
wink.gif

btw, I followed Pablo's recommendation of finishing two rounds of AutoRX then AMSOIL flush. Left the oil draining overnight and topped off with M1. She took the entire 5qt jug! Compared to 4.5qts during my regular oil changes in the past
shocked.gif

Good job. Sounds like you got rid of a half a quarts worth of evil out of your motor. How much draining occured after the first 15 minutes? Curious.

I didn't measure the quantity that came out initially but the overnight drain really meant something!

Thanks to Pablo for his engine flush FAQ
worshippy.gif

[ September 30, 2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: gavinl ]

To clean out the last old oil in the pan I will sometimes pour in a pint of fresh oil after almost all the oil has drained. Watch it drain and you can see when the fresh stuff works its way through.

quote:

Originally posted by clutchless:
To clean out the last old oil in the pan I will sometimes pour in a pint of fresh oil after almost all the oil has drained. Watch it drain and you can see when the fresh stuff works its way through.

Exactly what I do but I use and entire quart of the cheapest dino. Like a $1.50 so who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back