Attainable cars & trucks that you havent owned yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger
Cadbury! What have you done to my Bentley?

That's him...

Actually, one that was really unravelling me a couple of years ago was that ther ewere two Renaults on the Oz market that I could JUST afford (well just pay for).

A Clio V-6
an R5 turbo (rear engined road version of the Group B classic).

I was sooo conflicted, but then storage/usage was going to be the problem.

Honda S2000 - I nearly had one but went for a Mazda RX-8 instead. I still have the S2000 itch to scratch.

Have been lucky enough to have owned just about all the awesome cars I ever wanted (89 cars and trucks in the last 55 years), However, there are a few left that I would get if the opportunity presents itself:

New Charger or Challenger Hellcat
New Z06 Corvette
Maserati Gran Turismo

Great cars here...

I will add one more for me; the Ferrari 308GTSi. At the extreme upper limits of what I intended as 'attainable', but one of the two cars I saw as a child that got me hooked on cars (the other being a Lotus Esprit S1). Just a timeless design.

BMW E12 body car, 528i/530i. Oddly enough there was one on Craigslist the other day, but the timing's just not right. BMW E24 big shark nose coupe 630/633/635csi. Karmann built the bodies as I understand it, and they tend to rust more than the sedans from the same era.

Mid-60s Cadillac/Buick/Oldsmobile B or C body, preferably a 4 door, or a 4 door Ford Thunderbird, that would be cool too.

Reality being what it is, I don't have the time or inclination to mess with rolling toys, so it's all just fantasy.

Well, it's more a list of "odd cars I liked for some reason and wish I'd grabbed":

Saab Sonett
BMW M3 (first gen 4-cylinder)
Hillman Imp
Mazda 323GTX
Cosworth Vega
Triumph TR8
Camaro 1LE
Oldsmobile Jetfire (turbo 215)

I have owned a 56 Chevy 2dr. Ht. with a mildly warm 327 and T-10, a 65 GTO, a 73 Plymouth Duster 340 and several lesser known fast cars. The 2 I most wanted and couldn't have are an E-type Jag and a 53 Corvette 6 cylinder. Both would be fabulous with a Pentastar V6 with 8 speed tranny..

Memories of my misspent youth.
thumbsup2.gif

"3) UMM Alter-would be a self import, Portuguese utilitarian SUV...so bloody ugly (google it) it is cool, and a capable off roader."

Starting this thread got me looking at one of these again, since I just sold one of my project cars. Isn't this a nose only a Mother could love?

(pic from a European 4x4 forum)

1970's - 1980's Toyota FJ40
2014-2018 Subaru Forester XT
1986-88 Nissan Stanza Wagon
1990-91 Nissan Axxess (I believe only available two years in USA)

I also love the Magnum PI 308. A really pretty car that was actually pretty affordable for some years.

What I might actually buy:

911SC (maybe the best 911 Porsche ever built)

or

NSX, assuming that they remain priced at new Accord levels, as they were for a number of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back