Attack of the summer sore throat.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hate2work
Originally Posted By: glum
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Sitting in front of a fan all day when it's stink'n hot out.. will do it for sure.

Will do what? Magically make you sick?

Yep, that would make me sick for sure. So will having the AC blasting on me in the car for too long, so I don't do that anymore.

Reminds me that I used to get a lot of this head cold/virus [censored] before I started drying my hair and ears with a hair dryer every time I got my hair wet( even in the hot days of summer). Doing that one thing has kept me out of the doctor's office more than anything else I've done.

That would be the "Post hoc; ergo propter hoc" (sp) fallacy. It's 2011. We know that illnesses like this are caused by microbes, not by fans or wet hair.

a lot of those swab test have false negative. my wife got influenza A in taiwan and the initial test turned out negative and delayed her treatment for a couple days. If you can try to find a doctor that can prescribe you tamiflu, just in case it is a flu, if taken early enough it would make you recover much faster.

That would be the "Post hoc; ergo propter hoc" (sp) fallacy. It's 2011. We know that illnesses like this are caused by microbes, not by fans or wet hair.

Well, it might seem that way, but that's exactly how it happens for me. Not everything in this world is black and white, nor is every malady caused by a microbe. If I avoid the behavior, I avoid the problem, make of it what you will
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Well, it might seem that way, but that's exactly how it happens for me. Not everything in this world is black and white, nor is every malady caused by a microbe. If I avoid the behavior, I avoid the problem, make of it what you will
smile.gif

But that's science. It's not the way it seems, it's the way it IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back