Astro Tools introducing pneumatic slide hammer, weighted sockets

D60

This probably dropped in others' email today also and likely already discussed on other tool forums.

The slide hammer seems like a good idea.

The test light might be worth having depending on price

Extra deep sockets for a fraction of SnapOn prices (of course)

Weighted sockets should be way cheaper than IR (@Trav)

I'm also interested in the new alloy blunt head air hammer bits after snapping one the other day

I have their incandescent test light with the vice grip clip on it and it works very well. Eric O has been using a version of it on his channel for quite a while.

This probably dropped in others' email today also and likely already discussed on other tool forums.

The slide hammer seems like a good idea.

The test light might be worth having depending on price

Extra deep sockets for a fraction of SnapOn prices (of course)

Weighted sockets should be way cheaper than IR (@Trav)

I'm also interested in the new alloy blunt head air hammer bits after snapping one the other day

I looked at the prices of the Astro sockets $35-40. I have some of the IR ones and have been very satisfied with them, personally I would wait to see how large these things are in person and how that do when TTC test them.

Reactions: D60
I’d like to see real world testing first. But it’s a great idea if it’s strong enough

I looked at the prices of the Astro sockets $35-40. I have some of the IR ones and have been very satisfied with them, personally I would wait to see how large these things are in person and how that do when TTC test them.

I didn't even look to see if they were actually available! My in-laws pretty much insist on Amazon wishlists for Christmas and they're generous. So, added to my Amazon wish list! Thanks Trav

Curious that they offer 19mm and 3/4 and prices are different by ~$5 to $10. 19mm is .748" so buy whatever's cheapest at the moment I guess.

Back