ARX results on slant six mopar

Status
Not open for further replies.
78 volare 2bbl slant six. I bought it 2 1/2 years ago with only 16k miles on it. Immediately put it on mobil 1.

Sat in an older person's garage for around 10 years.

It was using a qt of m1 every 700-900 miles due to a rear main seal leak.

Put arx in with the m1 ran it for 2300 miles. Did rinse with pennzoil 15w-40.

Changed oil to delo 400 synthetic 5w-40 ( I couldnt find delvac in this one horse town I live in) and a donaldson synthetic media filter.

2300 miles on this oil change and it had to have a qt added at 2100 miles. Oil is still very clean. I am going to sample and test at 5k miles and see if its good for some more miles.

The engine is much quieter with the 5w-40.

Dan

I intend to keep this car till there are no longer any parts available to fix it or it rusts down around the wheels. I hate computer cars. Plus I refuse to pay more for a new car than I did for my house in 1984.

Dan

[ February 04, 2004, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Dan4510 ]

Hey! I had a 69 Plmouth Valiant w/ the 170ci slant six. Man!!I miss that car!! It was reliable, tough, EASY to work on. Did I say I miss that car?
frown.gif

Drew,

I found it at a otr truck parts place where I buy baldwin filters. It may just be that they dont have it yet. When I bought it, the manager told me that it had just come out and the two gallons I bought was the first he had sold.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back