Are the RED WINGS "dead wings"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have followed the Detroit Red Wings for quite a while. Being a NY ISLANDER fan, wonder what a Stanley Cup matchup with the Red Wings would be like. Seems since Red Wings last went to and lost to the Pittsburgh Penguins they lost a step or so. Let's discuss sports guys and ladies

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought we were talking about some completely different ....
whistle.gif
Carry on...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: car51
NHL or National Hockey League

That sport. Hockey is as boring as soccer. And hockey has a goofy system that allows fighting to keep the fan base.

I thought we were talking about curling.
Its the only sport on ice with a broom ,and rocks .
Shuffleboard on ice.
Much more exciting than what the Russian ,Canadian , and Finns do on ice.

The Red Wings will be Dead Wings when the St. Louis Blues take them down!!!!!

What honor to be taken down by the best team in the league. Listen to our organist tout the victory!

Elliott has the best road stats since 2011,and holds the NHL record for the best save percentage in a single season. He's an extremely underrated goalie.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
NHL or National Hockey League

That sport. Hockey is as boring as soccer. And hockey has a goofy system that allows fighting to keep the fan base.

You have obviously never played hockey...Its a contact game at the senior levels and not for [censored].

Bluestream: I played high school hockey. Dishdude: nah, not a Penguins fan. NY ISLANDERS here. One of the few good teams to have won 4 consecutive titles once(1980-1983)

Last edited by a moderator:
I follow the Blackhawks (closer to Chicago than Detroit) and college hockey - went to the Ferris State University/Northern Michigan U game last night. Red Wings did good against Boston today; they have almost the same record as the Islanders.

Bluestream: I played high school hockey. Dishdude: nah, not a Penguins fan. NY ISLANDERS here. One of the few good teams to have won 4 consecutive titles once(1980-1983)

Hmm, how old were you in 1991-1992?
grin2.gif

The Red Wings were old forever. They've been replacing the old heads with younger players so you could say they're rebuilding. They also haven't been the same since Scotty Bowman left, but he's sure picked things up in Chicago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back