AR-10 on campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: madRiver
Typical of age group taking the cool photo for social media.

Exactly. There is no deeper meaning to this. It's what these kids do nowadays.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
She did this to make a statement.

That may be how she explained it, but she really did it to get her 15 minutes of Internet fame.

I'm a gun owner and generally pro-gun...but in most instances today, open carry is only detrimental to gun rights and an insistence on open carry in public places is the fastest way to stricter gun measures whether it represents a threat or not.

It's obviously different in different areas of the country, but they had a group of imbeciles here that forced their open carry on a Starbucks and that ended up doing as much to crimp gun rights as 20 years of the worst politicians. Be careful what you wish for if your brain synapse doesn't fire and your view of gun rights is closer to "us and them" as long as you can do whatever you want and anywhere. "Incrementalism" in gun control is a concept that these people don't seem to understand but ammo permits and additional restrictions could be right around the corner in more places.

Originally Posted By: BJD78
Now she is getting death threats online? Those attacking her online with such hatred, anger and venom are the ones I would be worrying about.

And they're showing exactly why she not only has the right, but also the need to arm herself.

Molon Labe

I live south of NH, {only one state is north of NH... but I get it} and rarely see people {quote: idiots, morons or imbeciles} open carry. But I'm OK with it. I know what's in my pocket, they don't.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder

That may be how she explained it, but she really did it to get her 15 minutes of Internet fame.
I wonder how this will affect her employment status??

I am pro gun and have a ccp but imo pictures like this are ment to agitate and do nothing for rational discussion on the issues. And there are issues that need to be addressed.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder

I wonder how this will affect her employment status??

If I were still hiring employees, I would be MORE likely to hire someone who understands, appreciates, and defends their Constitutional Rights.

I see a bunch of butters up in here. You guys think you're pro gun BUT you're just another anti.

Originally Posted By: hatt
I see a bunch of butters up in here. You guys think you're pro gun BUT you're just another anti.

There are many shades of grey, it is not black or white.

There are many shades of grey, it is not black or white.
It's pretty black and white for Constitutional folks.

Well it's impossible to discuss without it turning political. A forum policy I totally agree with btw. Suffice to say pictures like this do little to help the cause. It only serves to gin people up, imo.

Originally Posted By: BeerCan

Well it's impossible to discuss without it turning political. A forum policy I totally agree with btw. Suffice to say pictures like this do little to help the cause. It only serves to gin people up, imo.
What other areas have people made progress by hiding in the closet? "Mr King you're making black people look bad holding all those marches and stuff."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BeerCan

What other areas have people made progress by hiding in the closet? "Mr King you're making black people look bad holding all those marches and stuff."

I understand your point. I am not advocating hiding in the closet, I just think it's hard to talk to people that are being taunted.

Originally Posted By: Claud
Words fail me...

Claud.

Of course words and understanding of freedom fail you.. People fed up with the King and had the courage to flee subjugation left hundreds of years ago.. Those that were unwilling to pursue a better freer life stayed and their decedents still live there. Genes are a powerful predictor of the past.

As I said..I would not have done it.

I can think of far worse things to stand up for than the core constitutional rights represented in that photo. Which was also a good photo.

Open Carry is nice. I certainly don't believe it makes you a target and I am perfectly fine around armed people as long as I am armed too.
I think armed people make any place safer.
I think alot of people fail to think like the mindset of these mass shooters. They love the power that they have over unarmed targets.
Few mass shooters would engage other armed shooters and they certainly would not engage a mass of them.
This open carry for rifles in public is just rediculas. It's third world, shock value for morons.
Sidearms fine, rifle just being a idiot.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Open Carry is nice. I certainly don't believe it makes you a target and I am perfectly fine around armed people as long as I am armed too.
I think armed people make any place safer.
I think alot of people fail to think like the mindset of these mass shooters. They love the power that they have over unarmed targets.
Few mass shooters would engage other armed shooters and they certainly would not engage a mass of them.
This open carry for rifles in public is just rediculas. It's third world, shock value for morons.
Sidearms fine, rifle just being a idiot.
Chuck Conners says rifles are fine to carry.

Originally Posted By: Ifixyawata
"At least it wasn't an AR-15" LOL....

Yeah, this was only 2/3 as dangerous as an AR-15, right?

Because, it's, well, an AR-10, so, it's like, you know, 5 less...

Way safer than an AR-15 for the people around her...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back