Application for credit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would wait until you have enough money to buy it outright. Then you don't have to worry about any of this junk. Makes life a lot simpler.

Rates are readily published on my certificate unions' websites. It's easy to calculate the payment. If you're that concerned in getting poorer terms with a 75% down payment, that you need to make a silly request like this up to two (?!?) years in advance, then buy a cheaper car that you can pay in full with that amount of cash.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
They will not even want a car that old so now you will be delving into the world of personal credit loans which are higher but if you are putting down 75% of the purchase price still couldn't be alot of money. Probably talking anywhere from 5.5% to 9.5% depending on your credit.
Not alot of money to be paying debt on though. I think you are really over thinking this.
Is a couple percent a deal breaker,if it is maybe you should look for a cheaper cash deal.

This and honestly at your age if you have to borrow for a 2000 Corvet you cant affford it.

This could be one of your dumbest posts...you do realize I'm not talking about borrowing money for a Cavalier, right? Corvettes are not cheap, even those that are 15-20 years old...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
If its from a dealership they will have access to hundreds of different lenders...

I will probably be buying it from a private seller...

Let's say the car will cost $20,000. So only $5k will be needed in 2 years. Which means saving $200/month. In other words make the car payment to yourself now, then you won't have one later.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

-Do you have a credit union? you should get the POSTED good-guy rate unless you've been bankrupt recently with no credit pull required.

This is what I would suggest.

My credit union will approve my auto loan based on history and credit score alone.

The more I spend, the better the interest rate,
which is why my loan on a used truck is 4.75% and not 2.99%

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Let's say the car will cost $20,000. So only $5k will be needed in 2 years. Which means saving $200/month. In other words make the car payment to yourself now, then you won't have one later.

I've already figured in what I'll be able to save over the next two years, and I will still need to borrow about $4-$5K...

They will not even want a car that old so now you will be delving into the world of personal credit loans which are higher but if you are putting down 75% of the purchase price still couldn't be alot of money. Probably talking anywhere from 5.5% to 9.5% depending on your credit.
Not a lot of money to be paying debt on though. I think you are really over thinking this.
Is a couple percent a deal breaker,if it is maybe you should look for a cheaper cash deal.

We recently took out a loan on a 2006 used car with our credit union . The purpose was to be able to close on a deal , while we cashed out an investment . Paid down , $ 2,000 , I think . With in 1 - 2 weeks we had it paid off .

Talk to your loan officer at your bank or credit union . Not a member of a credit union , join one and stash a little money in an account .

WBest of luck to you , :)

Not alot of money to be paying debt on though. I think you are really over thinking this.

This and honestly at your age if you have to borrow for a 2000 Corvet you cant affford it.

That's not that nice to say. Maybe OP had more important things to budget for than buy a Vette at his age.

If you take your time you can find C4 Vettes with ultra low mileage that were only driven on the weekends.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

That's not that nice to say. Maybe OP had more important things to budget for than buy a Vette at his age.

Never mind him. I think he just likes making nasty comments to me and starting arguments...

Last edited:
If you take your time you can find C4 Vettes with ultra low mileage that were only driven on the weekends.

That's true, but I'm not interested in a C4, I want a C5. Low mileage, one or two owner C5s are still selling from the mid teens to low 20s, depending on the year...

Hopefully not threadjacking, but..................

In my state, even if you pay cash (check) in full for new car - in my case $35K - you still have to complete a credit application.

Is this the norm elsewhere?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: user52165

In my state, even if you pay cash (check) in full for new car - it my case $35K - you still have to complete a credit application.

I've never heard of this...

Originally Posted By: grampi

That's true, but I'm not interested in a C4, I want a C5. Low mileage, one or two owner C5s are still selling from the mid teens to low 20s, depending on the year...

Sorry, I had a brain [censored]. I meant C5 Corvette.

My neighbor recently bought a triple black 6 speed 2001 Corvette (under 40K miles) and was in mint condition for less that a new base Corolla.

In my state, even if you pay cash (check) in full for new car - in my case $35K - you still have to complete a credit application.

Thats not the norm anywhere. Someone was lying to you.

Them- "You have to fill out this credit application"
Me- "No, I'm buying cash."
Them- "No its required. You MUST fill out a credit application"
Me- "NO. I am NOT applying for credit. I am paying cash. You either accept my cash payment, or I find a dealer that will. Are we clear?"

This makes no sense.

Originally Posted By: grampi

Sorry, I had a brain [censored]. I meant C5 Corvette.

My neighbor recently bought a triple black 6 speed 2001 Corvette (under 40K miles) and was in mint condition for less that a new base Corolla.

Triple black? Interior, exterior, and what else?

What price range are you looking in for one? I can keep my eyes open for one when the time comes.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
What price range are you looking in for one? I can keep my eyes open for one when the time comes.

No price range, I'm looking for a one or two owner, 6 speed targa top in torch red, with either a red or black interior with less than 40K miles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back