Apple Customer Service is still awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I dumped my iPhone 5 into the hot tub last night, had a little too much wine....
cheers3.gif

Setup an appointment with the local store, after a few laughs after I told them what happened and $49.00 later I have a new replacement phone.

I do have Apple Care Plus which is so worth it!

I remember when I dumped my Droid in the water a few years back and $500 some odd dollars later I had a replacement. Back when the Droid first came out they didn't have insurance available.

Now I'm reinstalling iOS 7.3 BETA great upgrade!

Well done, I have to go to the apple store tomorrow to have a lightning cable replaced under warranty.
Should be quite a reasonable experience.

Apple is quite good at the after sales service.
Almost like the Daewoo of phone manufactures.

Amongst my friends, I think the excellent service at the Apple store is what keeps most of them loyal to Apple.

49 dollars is alot of money for a refurb phone....

its not that awsome if you have warranty ,

Whats awsome is wells fargo will give you 1200 a year for new phone just bc u use their credit card no money no premium or nothing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Voltmaster
49 dollars is alot of money for a refurb phone....

its not that awsome if you have warranty ,

Whats awsome is wells fargo will give you 1200 a year for new phone just bc u use their credit card no money no premium or nothing.

No thanks I have USAA for my banking, insurance and investments.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
That reminds me, time to sell some stock. Think the goose is cooked.

Naaah. They still have some legs and I believe it will bounce back in the next few years. Apple isn't going anywhere and I think if the rumors are true (low cost iPhone, iPad, etc) they will still grow.

It's telling that something like 40% of Android users are interested in iPhones when they are released. It's also telling that in the USA the iPhone is still the #1 phone in sales...

Originally Posted By: itguy08

Naaah. They still have some legs and I believe it will bounce back in the next few years. Apple isn't going anywhere and I think if the rumors are true (low cost iPhone, iPad, etc) they will still grow.

It's telling that something like 40% of Android users are interested in iPhones when they are released. It's also telling that in the USA the iPhone is still the #1 phone in sales...

Those are sell conditions for sure, thanks! Dumping 50% of Apple, time to move on.

Warranties on cell phones seem really expensive vs. the cost of buying a replacement.

That's what I though till I read this : http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-575930...e-analyst-says/

Originally Posted By: cnet
The iPhone 5 is the world's top-selling smartphone, according to Canaccord Genuity

Originally Posted By: kb01
Warranties on cell phones seem really expensive vs. the cost of buying a replacement.

Not when a new iPhone 5 is $700 retail off contract. AppleCare isn't really that much money.

I have insurance through Verizon for $10 for my wife's iPhone 5 and $7 for my Galaxy Note 2.

24 month contract x $10 = $240, plus $50 deductible. Much better deal than buying a new phone at full retail.

sounds stupid then I realized most of these type of phone go about 1-2 years before going belly up.

and you can always warranty replacement for a fresh refurb to craigslist before you upgrade.

Take my droid bionic.

my first one (day it came out) died.. no signal

second one. worked for 6 monthes then wouldnt update

third one the screen would randomly come on and ear dial in the middle of calls.

Fourth one. Would blackscreen after being on for 1-2 days.

Total cost for me to replace 0$

(6.99/month) warranty.

if you dont have warranty.. good luck they dont even want to talk to you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hypervish

That's what I though till I read this : http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-575930...e-analyst-says/

Originally Posted By: cnet
The iPhone 5 is the world's top-selling smartphone, according to Canaccord Genuity

What made Apple such a strong stock was the unit price combined with volume. You don't want to own stock in high tech companies that use the cheap to buy/high volume Chinese business model. Anyone that owns Cisco, Dell, HP, etc knows what I'm talking about. They flat-line. If thats where Apples going get out, get out now. Learned my lesson during the "dot com bubble". For high tech stocks, never stay anywhere too long.

My weekend / outdoors / hazardous service phone is IP67 rated. Some are now rated IP68. I just forward my calls to it when I'm using it.

I'm sure I could get "insurance" for phone calamities, but I'd rather just get a second phone that resists catastrophe and actually have something to show for the money.

edit: uncalled for snarky Apple comment deleted

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: racer12306

Not when a new iPhone 5 is $700 retail off contract. AppleCare isn't really that much money.

I have insurance through Verizon for $10 for my wife's iPhone 5 and $7 for my Galaxy Note 2.

24 month contract x $10 = $240, plus $50 deductible. Much better deal than buying a new phone at full retail.

I'm thinking from a more actuarial perspective -- $290 to insure against a maximum loss of $700 seems excessive.

Wow next time get Apple Care+ as its only $99 for two years! Deductible is the same at $49.

http://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone.html

Apple Care+ for the iPhone is the way to go. Like you mentioned, it is $99 for two years of coverage and the deductible is $49. You can get up to two replacement devices. Sprint's insanity is $11 a month for TEP and then the deductible is $200.

My MacBooks are insured through my homeowner's via a special rider that covers accidental damage (with a low deductible), for something like $2 a month. They don't offer that for smart phones though.

Originally Posted By: zloveraz

Wow next time get Apple Care+ as its only $99 for two years! Deductible is the same at $49.

http://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone.html

^+1... You can't complain about $99 for 2 years and a $50 deductible (which they only charge you if its your fault). Plus now apple care is covered for ANYTHING that happens to your phone, even accidental (such as dropping your phone in a hot tub). I will stick with apple as I hated having to replace 3 Samsung's in the amount of time I keep an iPhone before selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back