anyone use the paintnship parts company?

someone damaged the bumper cover of my kids 2019 hyundai. last time i had something like this its was pretty expensive , close to $1k painted by a shop . i know there are places that will sell a bumper cover pre painted delivered to your door.

any of you ever buy from these places? did the paint match?

I got two off eBay. First did not match perfect it was a bit lighter but I think the Hyundai paint code is confusing for my year and model. The second I sent in my bumper plug for the tow hook so they could match it. Under $430 shipped

These places use the car's color code, but if your car is more than a year or two old, it's paint will have faded slightly so it won't match exactly like it would if taken to a bodyshop where they can adjust the paint tint to match the fading. The place I use paints new bumpers for $200-250. A little more for used ones needing some prep.

I have used them and others with mostly good results. Basically the better the car has been maintained and kept clean and waxed the better the new part will match. I have gotten a few "economy" shipped bumpers that were literally rolled up and jammed in a box 2'x2'. You had to lay the bumper out in the sun to get back into somewhat shape and even then the paint had some wrinkles from being so tightly rolled up so watch for that,

I have used them and others with mostly good results. Basically the better the car has been maintained and kept clean and waxed the better the new part will match. I have gotten a few "economy" shipped bumpers that were literally rolled up and jammed in a box 2'x2'. You had to lay the bumper out in the sun to get back into somewhat shape and even then the paint had some wrinkles from being so tightly rolled up so watch for that,
The eBay sell I bought from offered no folded shipping for a few dollars more.

I used a similar service on my 04 GTP Comp G. Front bumper. Was not too bad, it was black and matched really well. I got mine from one of the Ebay sellers.

I just put a bumper on a Nissan Sentra today that a customer brought in all folded in a box - I asked her what the price difference was for them to ship in a long box and she said it was a $165 upcharge -- shipping costs are much higher today which is why she kept the economy shipping option. The car was just a work beater and it came out fine except for some paint peel where the fog light housing bent too much when packing but she did not care.

I too was asked to install a lower valance on a '19 Canyon that had been folded.

I honestly don't see how those milky white creases ever would have disappeared from the black plastic, but maybe I'm ignorant on such issues. I was able to fix up the original one good enough and the customer returned the poor quality replacement.

She was trading the vehicle and just wanted it to look good at a quick glance....ya know like how The Wolf teaches you to clean up brains in the back seat..... :D

I too was asked to install a lower valance on a '19 Canyon that had been folded.

I honestly don't see how those milky white creases ever would have disappeared from the black plastic, but maybe I'm ignorant on such issues. I was able to fix up the original one good enough and the customer returned the poor quality replacement.

She was trading the vehicle and just wanted it to look good at a quick glance....ya know like how The Wolf teaches you to clean up brains in the back seat..... :D
Yeah those milky areas won't go away unless you apply some heat to "melt" the colors back like they do plastics.

• Helpful
Reactions: D60
I have done it on a few different cars. As others have said, you have to deal with indignities like folding up the bumper cover and non OEM parts. The paint is hit or miss as there is no effort to make the finish appear as it does now, and because the paint being used is possibly not that good. All that said, it has it's place. It keeps old bombs on the road looking semi-respectable and staying safe, while keeping hard earned dollars in your pocket. It's a great place to apply the "zip-tie rule," you can use these if you are okay using zip-ties to repair the car.

Reactions: D60
Back