Anyone try aftermarket RAM LED tail lights?

Got a message on my Ram today saying the right rear tail light was out along with the quick flash from the turn signal indicator inside, went out and looked at the truck and it took me a while to even figure out what was bad, but there are 3 led's burned out/flickering in the top corner of the light. Otherwise it functions normally and at the normal speed. Replacement (whole taillight) is $300 for Mopar, but there are various aftermarket ones on ebay/Amazon for $75-100. Anyone ever tried them?

OEM P/N :68093078AC

Example of aftermarket:

Definitely a luxury tax to have the fancy taillights that require total replacement instead of swapping a $1 bulb..

Got a message on my Ram today saying the right rear tail light was out along with the quick flash from the turn signal indicator inside, went out and looked at the truck and it took me a while to even figure out what was bad, but there are 3 led's burned out/flickering in the top corner of the light. Otherwise it functions normally and at the normal speed. Replacement (whole taillight) is $300 for Mopar, but there are various aftermarket ones on ebay/Amazon for $75-100. Anyone ever tried them?
You won't get anywhere near OEM quality or longevity, but they'll work fine. I don't blame you for wanting to save a few dollars. If you're going aftermarket, try to find something CAPA certified.

Agree with the above. Just shop around online for the best deal on an oem. Aftermarket always seem to have issues from what I have seen from friends and just on peoples cars on the road. They leak water inside, the LEDs burn out, and the lens quality and illumination is poor.

I’m not sure of the specific models, but for the longest time the aftermarket units missed proper brightness levels. side markers might be ok, but full brake illumination not so, or off-angle brightness wasn’t to spec, or the units had to be over driven to get full brake and would overheat and burn out under extended lamp use light traffic jams. If you get aftermarket, definitely check for proper low/high brightness as best as you can before committing. I’ve definitely bought and tested and returned for a refund, even with restocking fees, while looking for what I want. Or just go oem.

also, the old led chmsl lamps from Chrysler always grouped the LEDs in groups of 3. If one died (overheated from being over driven) the other 2 would go out with it. Replace the bad one and the others would come back until the next weakest one would fail. Maybe they are still doing groups of 3, but ideally they are better controlled nowadays.

Back