Anyone running Wolf's Head 15w40 in their 7.3's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just acquired my 1997 F 250 with the 7.3. I am going to be doing an oil change this week. I am wandering if anyone is using the Wolf's Head 15W40 in these motors? I have a good cost effective source on this product. I also have 8 gallons of rotella 15w40 on hand. (found a good deal in 2008)

I use Wolf's Head in my gasoline engines, and customers cars with no problems. Just wasnt sure on the Diesel side of the spectrum.

32.gif

Didn't Penzoil buy out Wolf's Head? Isn't Penzoil with Pure Base or whatever they call it these days re packaged Wolf's Head?

I am sure people will side with the Rotella since it has a strong following on this site, but that is in hindsight since most folks may have never heard of Wolfs Head.

Wolf's Head is a very good Oil. My Father ran it in his 86 Toyota Celica for over 300,000 miles.

Jeff

Pennzoil no longer owns Wolf's Head. I don't remember who does own it now. I would run it if Wolf's Head has the specs you need.

Amalie now owns the Wolfs Head name. I use it with confidence in the gasoline sides. Just wasnt sure who has used it in their powerstrokes.

Well, I'd use up the Rotella first. Oil is generally OK to sit around for up to 5 years in a sealed container. You're already at 3 years. Use the Rotella first.

Then you can use the Wolf's Head oil. As long as it carries the appropriate API and grade specs, it will be just fine for normal OCI durations.

I run delo 400 in my 2001 t44e which is a underpowered version of the ford truck engine. I go 10,000km and i have 125,000km on it and its doing just fine. my sump is a little bigger around 17L. All these engines need is anti foaming agents which all the oils have anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back