Anyone run Supertech 15w-40 with goodresults?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bbslider001
Originally Posted By: huntsonora
I’ve been thinking about trying this with my 1998 12 valve Cummins. Thanks for the update....

I would highly recommend it for the old iron diesels. The additive package on this oil is pretty darn stout. If you have a Tractor Supply close to you, it's the same oil apparently and still just as cheap. I am betting that 12 valve would thrive on this oil, but the Cummins engines are easy on oil to begin with.

How would it compare to Valvoline Premium Blue? VPB is $2 more per gallon while it’s on sale....

Originally Posted By: bbslider001
I’ve been thinking about trying this with my 1998 12 valve Cummins. Thanks for the update....

I would highly recommend it for the old iron diesels. The additive package on this oil is pretty darn stout. If you have a Tractor Supply close to you, it's the same oil apparently and still just as cheap. I am betting that 12 valve would thrive on this oil, but the Cummins engines are easy on oil to begin with.

How would it compare to Valvoline Premium Blue? VPB is $2 more per gallon while it’s on sale....

I think VPB is a great oil. I would look at the additive package and compare. I still think for $2 less a gallon, I would go with ST. I mean, are you going to get $2 more worth of protection and service from VPB? Probably not. In my experience too, VPB can be hard to find. ST is always available at any Walamrt,so there is that to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back