Anybody use an interior creeper?

First time I’ve seen one of these and think it would make working under the dash a lot easier. Laying your back over the door sill and then having your legs on the ground while your head is under the dash puts an unnatural bend in your spine, not to mention the pressure from the sill, that this might prevent. Who here uses one?

ShopSol $124 at Summit
https://www.shopsolproducts.com/product/interior-car-creeper-1010480/

Lay Down Interior Car Creeper $100 at ECS
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben-parts/lay-down-interior-car-creeper/lcb157sch/

Any other models out there?

I'd like to try one out to see how useful it is. But I'm not going to buy one.
This comes up when you search foe one on Amazon which is another creeper many don't know about:

71nKwd3sldL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Depending on the vehicle, I either:
  • Use several, folded seat covers (flannel cloth) piled in the foot well.
  • Length of MDF laid across from the sill to the "hump" (MDF and "planking" works well if you have to work in the trunk, like replacing fuel pumps).
  • Recline the seat back and lay upside down with my head in the foot well.
Back in the day, I used to climb into the engine compartments of trucks.

The problem is very real for me, but I have not seen such a solution before. I wonder how well it works? My one concern is that it would put your upper body and face too close to the working area making it hard to see things. If you buy one, make a review. It wouldn’t take much to get me to buy one because I hate working under the dash, because it’s uncomfortable.

I got rid on my regular creeper because it did not roll as well as I liked, and put my face too close to the car making it difficult to work on things. It got replaced by a roll up foam pad. I do have a topside creeper as shown in post #5. I don’t use it much, but I think it’s wonderful when I do need it.

My one concern is that it would put your upper body and face too close to the working area making it hard to see things.
I think if you place the head of the board just slightly over the door sill, your head or even shoulders would drop down into and rest against the floorboard giving enough room to look up under the dash.

If this was your own vehicle at home a person could get serious and build a wood platform to lay on covering the fenders and going out in front of the grill.
It would help when doing the “ flying Superman” while changing out the passenger side sparkplugs on a Chevy LS engine. Thanks for the post. I didn’t know the systems existed.

I think if you place the head of the board just slightly over the door sill, your head or even shoulders would drop down into and rest against the floorboard giving enough room to look up under the dash.

okay. I think I get it. It prevents the door sill area from jabbing into your back. How the top of that creeper feels - the transition area from the floorboard to the creeper will be key.

Ordered the one from Summit last night. Free shipping was a bonus as they had a few cheaper things I also needed that I didn't want to pay shipping for. The height adjustment seems better designed than the one from ECS.

I think this would come in handy for when you are stuck under the dash dealing with a rewiring job. Done more than a few in my time and didn't know something like this even existed. I may have to add it to my tool collection, my 40+ year old back doesn't like being stuck in a funny position hanging out of a door upside down anymore.

I'd like to try one out to see how useful it is. But I'm not going to buy one.
This comes up when you search foe one on Amazon which is another creeper many don't know about:

View attachment 123937
I had one for working on an F250 w/ 5.4 Triton. Great for getting to the back of the engine. It was a real back saver. Doesn't look terribly comfortable, but it was better than the ones that attach to the top of the wheels like a step. Fortunately, I have a wholesale tool supplier near me so I got a real good deal on it. Sold it when I sold the truck a few years back. They've been out awhile.

They need something like that when you have to get under a kitchen or bathroom sink vanity.
I use a 40lb bag of dog food over the transition for that. Took way too long to work out the kink in my back before I started doing that.

Back