Anybody need a connecting rod?

Ran across this on marketplace today. Seems a little funny to me. Odd thing to collect. Maybe they are from a machine shop?

Screenshot_20240121-082453.jpg

I presume a speed shop might have a display like this? maybe it went out of business and someone picked it up, then passed away, now the kids are selling what is left? Just a spitball guess here.

Seems odd, but IIRC there were good and bad con rods for Chevy small blocks. 2 different lengths (400's and everything else?), but with different treatments. Presumably SBF's had similar things going on. Want to do a garage rebuild, but want a better set of rods? Go pick out what you want from the wall at the local speed shop.

Salvaged from rebuilds which used higher performance pistons and rods?
They might be lower mileage examples?
They might be rods from higher output versions of stock engines and take a more desirable or available bearing?

A pal swapped in new push rods in an 'up and running' CSB rebuild in a feudal effort to locate misses.
I brought them to a rebuilder rather than recycling them as they were stock and good. They gladly accepted them.

Man that would go great with my classroom collection of paperweight pistons. The kids love them, some know others asked why I have so many funny pencil sharpeners on my desk.

IMG_1942.jpeg

Back