any XM home users

subscribed to XM today home use only as i miss the 50'ss + 60's music since i turned OFF my overpriced dish network until football season + am using their included antenna thats ok at times but drops the signal like when my girlfriends car. wondering about the Xtra antenna for outside use that connects with an RG 6 cable + today its a bit stormy which prolly don't help + thinking about using my old unused direct cable i disconnected. any input appreciated + no phone aps as my Red Pocket serves me well at $60 YEARLY!!

Car only here... Base subscription 7.97 a month. Not sure if it includes app
Pretty sure it does. Download the APP on your phone and find out. As stated-lots of extra channels and plenty of ON-Demand programming as well.

Waiting for the comment........."I only listen to talk and country on AM radio. Why would anybody pay for radio?"

got subscribed yesterday @ $9 a month total cost for 12 mo + i feel the bad weather effected reception but it got better thru the rainy evening as i enjoyed 50's R+R BUT this morning "radio" would not turn on, then called XM + they are sending a complete new system after trying stuff, even though i originally bought at Crutchfield + they already replaced the home radio dock. they told me to keep trying + by lunch it powered on with iffy weather. i disconnected power over night due to weather but the XM rep said that should not effect operation. i will set up the xtra roof etc antenna when weather gets better as they noted dropped connection is a sign of weak reception, i am a happy retired guy + living alone mostly have music on most of the time + for me early R+R ia all i care to listen to including instrumental stuff including the GREAT Danish orchestra Gon linked for all to enjoy + can say their versions of Clint Eastwood movie tunes are the BEST!!! i must add i listened to XM on Direct + Dish for YEARS + it was the only thing i missed when i pause-turn off temporarily my TV!!

Last edited:
I finally broke down this new years and accepted $99/3 years. With tax it was like $128. With it comes streaming on the app so I do listen in the shower and at the gym.

The other car seems to be free for life which is why I don’t really want to pay anything but I decided to splurge. Ironically the other car being a 2006 had the antenna go bad and they don’t make 2 lead antennae nor splitters anymore. But a $17 antenna and $8 adapter fixed it, without any metadata now. No green Fakra connection is plugged in, so still have the error, but the audio and station labels work.

i guess i overpaid!! read where you need to negotiate but was happy with my price + girlfriends car radio went to $105 this year, guess we are too EZE

have a $7 month subsciption for my wifes car. I use it on my phone, and two tv's in the house, including my home bar. Nice setup.

YEARS ago I had a sirius XM boom box with a satellite antenna on it, that worked fine for a while.

XM is broadcast from geostationary satellites, which means they are over the equator. As a first step the antenna should be on the south side of the house. If there isn't a clear general view of the southern sky from there, you can pinpoint locate the satellites and try to place the antenna to avoid obstructions.

Last edited:
The splitters are still available on Ebay, probably NOS.
I ordered one and when it came, it didn’t match the pic, so I returned it. I need it to have curry FAKRA, and green FAKRA. It came and had curry and white. They were like $40 when they were available which is questionable if $40 is worth it to get rid of the error and bring the metadata back. But I had offered $17 on eBay and was willing to pay that much…

XM is broadcast from geostationary satellites, which means they are over the equator. As a first step the antenna should be on the south side of the house.
If I flip my car over so it’s outside in, will my metadata come back? 😊

I ordered one and when it came, it didn’t match the pic, so I returned it. I need it to have curry FAKRA, and green FAKRA. It came and had curry and white. They were like $40 when they were available which is questionable if $40 is worth it to get rid of the error and bring the metadata back. But I had offered $17 on eBay and was willing to pay that much…

I'd have just modified the green FAKRA connector to fit, either by removing the FAKRA connector shell or by filing off the tabs on the mating connector.

I'd have just modified the green FAKRA connector to fit, either by removing the FAKRA connector shell or by filing off the tabs on the mating connector.
Funny to say maybe, I felt there shouldn’t have been a pic showing exactly what I needed, and something else sent to clear out NOS (it said something like more than 10 available make offer). There actually are wrong splitters for $8, where I could probably do as you’ve described…

Funny to say maybe, I felt there shouldn’t have been a pic showing exactly what I needed, and something else sent to clear out NOS (it said something like more than 10 available make offer). There actually are wrong splitters for $8, where I could probably do as you’ve described…

It's been a long time but I think I had to do exactly that to make a splitter work with an old Sirius tuner that originally needed the interference filter and a dual-output antenna. I was told that the interference filter isn't needed with a single input antenna and a splitter, so I modified the FAKRA connector to make it fit.

the sirus XM antenna comes with an adapter but you need to supply the RG-6 cable, says up to 150' is OK + my still hanging Direct TV cables that i installed years ago should work!!

I cant tolerate the low music quality of XM, neither can my wife. We gave up on it over decade ago, tried it recently in the last year or two, same thing. Nothing changed and nothing can change since its inception over two decades ago. They are stuck with their music compression algorithm.
We stream with Apple Music but the other quality streaming services are good too.
I know it doesnt bother a lot of people but the ones that it does know what I am talking about.

Back