Any Total users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new 2015 Equinox with the 2.4 Ecotec engine. Running about 45 mph up a mild incline sometimes the drone would rear its head and even make an oscillating sound (almost like a European siren). I changed the oil to QSUD and the drone seemed to be worse. I bought some Total FGC and so far the drone seems greatly reduced, and it feels quite smooth. Both oils were at the recommended 5w30. Is anybody else using Total oils? if so please share your opinion.

Hello, After maintaining 4 2.3L Saab engines for a long time I used Total Quartz 9000 in one of them.
It sounded MUCH QUIETER.
There's a super steep hill which the '05 ate alive.
I will absolutely use it again.

Total is working to get into the US market. We already distribute it in the VI.

Me.

I'm liking it so far, car seems smoother than it did with Castrol edge. with edge the engine became smooth after the temp gaugereached 90°C, with the total it's around the 80°C mark.

I now added some thick POE (less than 0.2 quarts) I had laying about and the engine is super smooth from about 50°C...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Total is working to get into the US market. We already distribute it in the VI.

VI?

Originally Posted By: Gillsy
I bought a new 2015 Equinox with the 2.4 Ecotec engine. Running about 45 mph up a mild incline sometimes the drone would rear its head and even make an oscillating sound (almost like a European siren). I changed the oil to QSUD and the drone seemed to be worse. I bought some Total FGC and so far the drone seems greatly reduced, and it feels quite smooth. Both oils were at the recommended 5w30. Is anybody else using Total oils? if so please share your opinion.

Congrats on Nox. I have a 2014 Terrain with the same engine. I don't understand what sound your hearing. Anyway, there is a auto parts store near my house that started selling Total oil. I may try it out. I like the fact that their 5w30 is A3 rated oil.

My nearest mom-and-pop gas station USED to be a Total affiliate, but has changed to Sinclair a few years ago. They also do oil changes, but nobody around here uses Total oil and the station didn't ever stock any of it.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Where do you even get Total?
amazon.com $51.32 for a case of 12 quarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back