Any paratroopers here?

I'm surprised nobody from Bragg attended freefall school. I also went to jump school at Benning after my initial AIT at Fort Gordon. The army decided to send me to language school and Goodfellow AFB for some identifier on my MOS before they sent me to the Berlin Brigade. I worked in Field Station Berlin for a few years and had to go back west to stay current on jump status. I ended my enlistment back at Fort Bragg where I spent just enough time to be debriefed and sent on my way.

To this day I can still hear the black hats at jump school barking commands and running us ragged. It wouldn't trade those memories for the world.

Originally Posted by Every Blackhat Ever
Airborne, the Army doesn't use sky blue patches in their parachutes. If you see a sky blue patch the size of your helmet, you need to deploy your reserve parachute.

I remember one of the runs during "Tower Week" where I asked a black hat what it was like to fly. He looked at me and said/asked, "Alpha, you mean to tell me the first time you fly will be next week when you jump?" There is only one answer to that, "Yes Sergeant, Airborne!"

Originally Posted by FowVay

To this day I can still hear the black hats at jump school barking commands and running us ragged. It wouldn't trade those memories for the world.

tired and retired, all kinds of bravo MOS's (active and reserve)

It takes a unique person to voluntarily exit a perfectly good airplane in flight- all others are LEGS

Salutations to all who have served- regardless of capacity

*Would it be possible to upgrade an avatar as well?

Originally Posted by Astro14
"LEGS"? Care to elaborate?

A google search reveals only ZZ Top references...

For real?

A "leg" is ( or was vintage 70's/80s) Army slang for a non Airborne soldier.

i.e. "straight leg" Infantry, and many more 'colorful" terms

Not far above an REMF

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ABN_CBT_ENGR
Originally Posted by Astro14
"LEGS"? Care to elaborate?

A google search reveals only ZZ Top references...

For real?

A "leg" is ( or was vintage 70's/80s) Army slang for a non Airborne soldier.

i.e. "straight leg" Infantry, and many more 'colorful" terms

Not far above an REMF

Actually it is a "dirty, nasty leg"

Originally Posted by GON

Actually it is a "dirty, nasty leg"

Where I was it was "dirtyrottenstinkingnasty" ( all one word) LEGGGGGGGGG but I didn't want to push it

Back