Any old port in the storm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or any old puddle of water! The wife and I were out picking up some pet supplies when we spotted this lone honker plopped down in a little puddle of water. It didn't seem too terribly concerned about us (though it did keep at least one beady eye on us at all times) as we pulled up to within the length of the parking stall to snap a couple cell phone pics...

20130330_171158_zps7de4380d.jpg

good thing he's hundreds of miles north of the Robertson land. Uncle Si would make him into duck spaghetti.

Did you try to run that poop machine over with your car? Why not, there's a bazillion of them and for some reason they're on the protected list in Canada.

The Canada Goose is considered a pest in New Zealand - there is no season, no limit and no bounty. We have more Canada geeses in this town than humans. But at least they are more productive than the humans - I just wish we could find a profitable endevour for their prodigious output.

No, no attempts were made to run the honker over. I wouldn't do that- I like them too much, spite of them being everywhere. Even if I had, my wife would have beat me upside the head, kicked me out of the car and left me to walk the 50 odd miles home.

Yeah, I was kind of joking about running him over. But they sure do make a mess of the local golf courses while they're passing through twice a year! I've poked a few with a 3-iron, and I've been hissed at quite a few times.

Hello, We have them by the thousand in northern New Jersey. People feed them all year long. They're hearty and see no reason to fly south. They don't teach their young to migrate. Someone caught a pair and cooked them. He said they were stringy, oily and horrible. Kira

The wife and I went back today to purchase more pet supplies and and that darn goofy bird is still settled in that parking lot. This time it was dry as a bone..

What's weird is there are a couple of ponds nearby that are home lots of other Canadas....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back