Any Carmax fan

Their inventory is huge, and not all priced the same. We bought our Edge there, it was minty with very low miles and they wanted no more than other dealers. They even shipped it here from Omaha for nothing with no obligation to buy. Buying process was peaceful, they asked once if I wanted the warranty, I said no and we moved right on. No working us over for profit pack add ons and all the other game’s many dealers play “after the sale”.

I have no problem fighting all the way through a deal but uninformed or passive buyers could easily end up spending more at a dealer with a lower advertised price than Carmax.

We’ve unloaded a few beaters for wholesale there also.

Sold 2 cars to them, love them. Easy peasy, walked in, did paperwork and walked out with a check. Nice.

Yeah. For most of folks on here, we aren’t paying more than MSRP in current bad time and mostly somewhere between invoice and MSRP during normal time so the above benefits are null.

It is a nice place to see cars without pressure. And then go buy new from dealership.
The whole pressure thing I’ve never understood. If you go to the dealer and agree to pay MSRP and whatever they mandate, there will be no pressure there.

Paying a premium on a used car so Carmax can tell you what to pay and not to haggle with them is just silly.

If they had a great used car I’d want. I guess I’d consider, but not because of haggling.

The whole pressure thing I’ve never understood. If you go to the dealer and agree to pay MSRP and whatever they mandate, there will be no pressure there.

Paying a premium on a used car so Carmax can tell you what to pay and not to haggle with them is just silly.

If they had a great used car I’d want. I guess I’d consider, but not because of haggling.
I wholeheartedly agree that the no haggle price may not be the best deal. But haggling post covid is not the same as pre covid.

Warren Buffett' Berkshire owns over 100 new car dealerships. Something Buffett mentioned is as the USA continues to grow in population, the amount of new car dealerships are reducing ever year. And of the new car dealerships, large dealership groups are buying the remaining independent new car dealerships.

What this means is the consumer has never had less leverage in buying a vehicle from a new car dealer in the US than right now. Makes haggling for a car a possible in vain endeavor.

Back